MakeWebGames

Securing Scripts

peterisgb

average is $1-2 a page, cheapest 50 cents a page, depending on the security of course, just know every page needs to be secured not just a bunch of codes placed in the header.php... A few thinks securing a game is adding a small code to the header, and it actually doesn't secure EVERYTHING! It's better to have it secured the right way, even if you need to pay more. Like Oct says its better to do it yourself, then you know what is wrong when a problem occurs! There is tons of help on the internet that can teach anyone about security it may pay to learn the coding.

Edited by lucky3809

well i've tried securing in the past and failed at it due to my lack of knowlegde, i have learnt php quiet wel now but i just cant seem to grasp the aspect of remembering it as its to hard for my brain lol,

if you want i can send you a link to the game and give me a estimate.?

Securing is as easy as building a good framework. None of this random thrown together files.

For example. If you want to grab a GET/POST variable make a function in a main class called grabPOST($name),grabGET($name)

then you can run all the needed cleaning in that function. So then throughout your code you will have this $this->grabPOST('user_id') etc code every time you want that var and you can adapt your entire game by changing one function. Obviously thats a weak function, I'd probably add a parameter called $type to it. Then pass like int/string/alphanumerical and then based on that, filter alphanumerical, intval(), etc.

Thats one little thing, theres tons more. If you have any place where you have a mysql query with the vars $_POST or $_GET in them (or even $_SERVER) fix that right now. You can easily change POST/GET requests and essentially sql inject your site.