MakeWebGames

Psd => Xhtml/css $20

Ben Nash

I'm not to sure about putting up a live demo as it can be easily stolen.

Then how will they know you can do it? It's an example, isn't it? An example of your work, an example of your experience, an example of what you can do. Sure it may get stolen, but what's that, $20? and how much return will you make from putting a live demo of it, more than $20, surely....

Which results in it not being scalable, not everybody uses 1024x800 (first size where the text aligned with the background images correctly).

If I were you I would invest some time into learning about well creating layouts in general then more so on how to convert psd files to HTML.

http://css-tricks.com has a few screencasts on PSD to HTML.

Edit: I'd consider thinking of a different approach to using the whole box as a background also.

2nd Edit: After looking at the source, I'd also recommend checking out tutorials on CSS positioning.

If you intend on offering your services, try looking up semantics in HTML, it is something that a lot of people look for. (nice clean structured markup, and preferably one that doesn't break when you

maximize your browser window, or have to much info in one of the boxes (considering the text is positioned, the containers for the text will not expand or contract when there's more text added/taken away.))

Some advice.

Buttons should have different states, and also should have some indication as to what they are (take login button for example change cursor type so we know it's a button).

Text should be aligned.

Headings should be just that, headings not one whole background image for the entire container (see the logo for example).

Logo should really link back to the home page.

It should be fluid, now fixed width is fine but height should not be limited (in this case with the content areas and the text being positioned on top (which is also not positioned relative to the content area it should be in...) those boxes will not expand, when the text becomes bigger than it's 'supposed' container.

No idea why there is so much whitespace at the top and on the bottom, was that how it was designed?

Edited by Djkanna