MakeWebGames

Looking for co-owners and developers for a web game with aviation theme

Ghiby

Title:

My game title: since the game is in the inception status, there is no name set yet, all tho there are some options to chose from.

Game abstract:

The game concept is a economic, business management simulation based on airline and airport management sim,

(Some of the) Unique features:

There are plenty of unique features, the entire game concept and structure is unique in itself as there is no other similar web game out there that I know of.

The game is based on air, ground and ocean transportation, based on real google maps integration and real weather updates.

The game is not just a simple text browser game, is more complex with some SimCity™ similar building features.

Technology used:

HTML, PHP, Javascript, SQL and some Flash

Current development status:

The game concept and structure is done, however I am sure some adjustments will be need it as we develop the game.

No coding is done yet - that's why I am here, that's why I am posting here.

My own skills and tasks in the game:

I am not a coder, at least not anymore, I used to do SQL, back in the days when I graduated, but not anymore. I do understand the concept of coding as I am still working as an IT professional.

My own task-role in the game would be let's say "project manager" or creator and producer.

What I/we are looking for:

We really need expert(s) in HTML, Javascript, SQL and Flash

Expenses will be covered by:

All initial expenses for the hosting, domain name are already paid for 5 years.

I will pay for any promotion and advertising campaigns once the game is released.

Later on as we will make money from donations from players, I am confident the game will become self-sustainable and quite lucrative.

Current team:

Me myself and I are currently working on this project.

I can also count on by brother, he is working with an advertising company and he can help me with all the marketing once the game is ready to be released for general public.

Share / gain of the partners:

We will split the profits after hosting and other fixed expenses are payed with the following shares:

51% for me and my brother

49% for the developing team

Share of the profits will be paid via paypal only.

Final considerations:

Only serious developers please, with time to engage in this project.

I have plenty of time on my hands, but I am not doing coding, once again, that's why I am here, that's why I post here...

This is a long term game project and it is intended to be lucrative in time.

It will require a support team, for fixing bugs, for updates and new features based on end user feed-back.

This will not be a quick game, for some quick cash, that will disappear few months after is launched or some players are convinced to spend some money on it.

We have to deliver not only a fun and entertaining game, but a great quality product at the same time to be and stay competitive.

This is and will be a business enterprise - since it is intended to be lucrative and to produce profits - but it is started of passion for aviation mixed with passion for game developing.

Audience and market share

This project is targeted at a mature audience (like myself), aviation enthusiasts (like myself) with disposable income available (like myself), willing to spend some real money for a web game that is fun and entertaining. The players, our customers, will have the opportunity to spend real money to enhance their game play experience.

There is no requirement to spend money for developers.

Anyone interested in joining the developing team, will have to spend coding time to develop the game, and once the game is launched for the general public, spend some time for regular maintenance and improvements.

If you would like more details, feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your attention

Edited by Ghiby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I do have something to show my portfolio http://jhgdesign.carbonmade.com/

Pretty sure you shouldn't imply you created something you did not.

http://m.cmcdn.net/14542973/780x1072.png (on your portfolio)

http://365psd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/vcard1.jpg (created by Chris Wallace)

On a similar note:

http://m.cmcdn.net/14574675/550x100.png (on your portfolio)

http://designmoo.com/5272/ribbons-new-and-worn/ (created by some member of DesignMoo (ironically co-founded by Chris Wallace).

Now I am aware that 365PSD (where I found the first one) allows for commercial use, as for DesignMoo I believe it's on a per-user basis.

Either way you shouldn't imply you created them (note the first is watermarked with "jhgdesign" I assume and a seperate entry in the portfolio piece) and the second is also a seperate (well multiple with just the text changed) entries in the portfolio piece.

If you want to be really kind at least mention it, as if someone see's these (clearly not by you) then they'll wonder about the rest of the content in your portfolio.

Note: Not questioning your credibilty nor your talent as a designer here, just stating a tip.

Edited by Djkanna
Added 'Note'

• 3 weeks later...