MakeWebGames

Showing Off Some Renders

Coly010

I have created a few 3D Models and rendered them. I would like some feedback on the renders. Thank you very much.

Some Text:

dragnotich.png

Chair:

chair1stamped.png

Table And Chairs:

tableandchairs.png

About the last one I just realised that the closest chair is floating off the ground.

Any Criticism Welcome :D

:P

Oh btw I have some modelling tutorials on my youtube channel at : http://youtube.com/Coly0101

Regards,

Coly010

- The font trial is... just a font trial and not a very good one. You tried some bevel or something and made all the faces go odd. Sorry doesn't work for me.

- For the chair... simply to dark and an hard light. Would be better with another lighting. Also due to the lack of environment your metallic parts (foot) doesn't look very well.

- Overall, while using texture, you seems to just have applied a texture like that without thinking about UV maps or texture resolution... again doesn't look very good.

If those are first trials, then you are in the right direction, however you will need to invest quiet some time to go past this "plastic / newbee" look.

Chair 1:

chair_1.jpg

This is a self made model which tends to look like your chair. Used stock materials and default light however added an environment map.

Chair 2:

chair_2.jpg

Improved materials (tweaking), made the light a bit softer (check the shadow)

Chair 3:

chair_3.jpg

Changed light setup to use a global illumination solution (GI) and tweaked a few materials again.

It would be anyhow still not a perfect image. First of all rendering something like that in the middle of nowhere will never give back good results. Much better to be within a cube to render like within a room. Second the texture for the ground is certainly not a good one, as you can see it lacks precision due to the fact I didn't used a texture with enough resolution. Last thing, the model seem not very natural. A chair like that would be... not nice to use... to hard.

However to show you where you should go with you render it shall do the trick, isn't it? Again good start, but keep working on it ;)

Thanks, lol I knew I'd get there in the end :P

Yeah I noticed that about the cube too... So do I increase or decreasethe u, v?

And I was aiming for the footrest to be wonky. I was going to use it in a ransacked bar scene so it would make it look like it was a little deformed.