MakeWebGames

Basic Secure Crime Game Engine

Reiss82

LOL... Well I am a fan of duplicating roguevampires, and his is nothing like it, he may have used the same topics but it's not the same...

Anyways I am willing to bet though you have used mccodes to get an idea how to start from scratch if that's what you call it.

We all start from scratch when coding, even the professionals, and we do use other codes to get an idea, my last post was just stating it looks like mccodes just recoded to your liking that's all. Nothing bad I guess because there are tons of games that look alike.

I myself is inspired by the older roguevampires layout, but that's because its easy to navigate around, but i dislike their forum,and profile set up.. but love the vala modification (which I duplicated) was not easy, but after awhile you learn how to code anything you put your sight onto... If you like a game,and it keeps your attention why not copy it? But also add your own touches to it to make it something of your own how i see coding a game...

Inside the game the (codes) are not seen by the source code only the html and css are shown...

And for the code:

$gangid = abs(@intval($_GET['id']));
  $q = mysql_query(sprintf("SELECT * FROM `gangs` WHERE `gangid` = %d", $gangid)) or die(mysql_error());
  if(mysql_num_rows($q) == 0) {
   echo '<p>There is no such gang! <a href="index.php?p=gangs">Back</a></p>';
   $h->footer();
   exit;
  }

I don't like the use of @ and strintf... :S