MakeWebGames

A Somewhat Gradient Name

SMOKEY_TEK

Why would he need to read it easier, hes plugging into a functions page and never looking at it again except maybe to change the colors. Also, take a closer look, mine is alot easier to read, all you need to know is the name, and colors.

I believe, people like to learn from code posted on here, therefore your code (all scrunched up, on-liner doing all the work) is unreadable to most.

$newName = ''; not needed to dot-add in php

Yes it is, otherwise it will throw an undefined variable notice. Let me guess you develop with notices turned off? (not wise & lazy)

At the whitespace comments:

Personal preference, once again I enjoy the fact that my code can be read by other people. ;)

-DJK.

Edited by Djkanna
Added Whitespace answer.

If you take from the code I posted before, you could try;

<?php
$username = 'Smokey';
$colours = array (
   '#FFF',
   '#000',
   '#eee'
); //Add more...

$newName = '';
for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($username); $i++) {
   $newName .= '<span style="color: '.$colours[array_rand($colours)].'">'.$username[$i].'</span>';
}
echo $newName;
?>

To generate a random value of that colours array and use that value as that characters colour, however this will change each page load, and has the possibility to pick the exact same colour for each character.

(script it untested but should work fine.)

I play this some what new text-based game, all mostly in Javascript and Ajax. And they have a custom name where you can pick a color and then pick a letter for where you want that color at, and so on.. Just not really certain on how to do this.. I really like the idea that they have, and want to incorporate that into my game if I'm able to find a solution to it.