MakeWebGames

What's better?

Argument over the Xbox, PS3 & The PC for gaming. Tell me what you think is the best for gaming, and why.

Me?

PC all the way. Bein' introduced to Crossfire from Djkanna made thoughts go threw my mind for what really is best & takes more skill for gaming. PC gamers are needed to have PP accuracy & game scenes for such modes from SnD to Ghost Mode. Playing on the PC requires more skills no-doubt, but on the downside you need a good computer to perform on the PC. That is probably why people don't play the PC has the would probably have low FPS. Especially when playing MW2 or Black-Ops(Dislike both game. Look down the sight, 10K).

You?

Xbox live can be hacked and has been hacked.

If you can log into xbox live on the pc game then the game is most likely for xbox so don't see any need for that.

Does xbox have a phone? No. Can you log onto xbox live with an xbox phone? Xbox doesn't have a phone. Not many people play online multiplayer games on any mobile devices except ones made by nintendo, apple, android, or playstation

On what game (besides cod) does xbox have a better online experience than ps3 and how is it better?

IDK why but cod on the net is kinda of bad for ps3 (lag,disconnect). Except mw2 is not that bad(1/10 chance of lag/disconnect). I think that is a mistake in cod's coding though.

I have Killzone 3, MAG (Up to 256 players can be in same match), Resistance, Midnight Club: LA, GTA 4, BF:BC2, Grand Tourismo 5, Dead Rising 2. And on not one of these games have I lost connection. On Midnight Club I have experienced a little lag but on the rest of them... No lag.

I experience many problems and lags with xbox and xbox live after 1+ year ownership.

My Negatives :/

New games tend not to read on system startup for at least 15 minutes (and not 15 minutes of waiting to 'heat up', 15 minutes of trying, if you just wait, you will still have to try for 15 minutes)

One of the hugest fails i noticed is the requirement for you to be signed in all the time, and how it will just kick you out of a game for signing out etc. When i lived with my roomate for a year he had a ps3 and not once, not one damn time did it ever freeze, we could even do what i consider basic tasks (renaming, moving and copying video,pics,music), and even the psp has these simplest of features. Also an entire parade of movie types do not play on my xbox (like mp4), while more play if you use a external hard drive or xbox'x hard drive(like mp4), from a thumb drive it seems only .avi's play (which you cant copy to anywhere because it wont show). Also i had the damdest time connecting the xbox to my pc for xbox live and they are both microsoft products, after a hellish 2 days i finally got it to work with no strict or moderate NAT setting, funny because on linux i didnt have to do anything at all but plug it in. Also for some reason i had to clear my system cache, which deleted several random things on different gamesaves.

Cant install an entire operating system.

My Positives :)

I have had really good experience with microsofts indie game section where you can play games that other people made, on your 360, they are free to download, and if you like it you can buy it! how cool is that.

The downside of above is that the programmer has to pay $99 a year to develop xna (xbox) games.

Xbox live isn't that bad at all, its kinda nice.

Honestly i spent 10 minutes trying to think of those positives and just fingerbanged those negatives, if i can think of more positive things about xbox than i will let you know.

ps: Also theres a service called "xkai link" where xbox and ps3 people can play online for free using the system link.

Edited by runthis

I actually see all devices for a different type of use, I think quite some people can agree on that, even though they won't admit it.

Basically I see it like this.

PC - super flexible gaming without limits

PS3 - great end device hooked to a tv for casual gaming, casual entertainment and network access

Xbox - console for hardcore gamers

Wii - best option to play games with your non-gamer friends

The fact that you can get about any game for PC that is released on Xbox as well, makes it somewhat redundant I find. Given that many xboxers just like a console more than a pc, they buy an xbox, but I personally rather spend a bit more on that pc then and play all kinds of games I want. I'm not sure about pc vs xbox game prices, but I think they are cheaper for the pc? Not that it matters that much if you really want to play that game, but it's just a thing I thought of. But this is why I kinda prefer the PC over xbox, and any other console for that matter. However, if all of your friends are hardcore gamers, you might want to chose for that xbox, just because it makes the total experience that much nicer.

A wii is just awesome to have, just because it's a totally different feeling to play eventhough it's somewhat limited on technical capabilities compared to other devices. I've noticed that non-gamers, family of all ages, and especially females like the wii a lot more than anything else. But that's more due to the selection of games and not the device itself. In conclusion, a wii is pretty nice to have, yet it's not the best choice..

And then we only have the PS3 left where I haven't spoken about yet! I've owned a playstation device since they ever existed, except for the PS1, PSX -> PS2 -> PS3. I can say they have never let me down yet, they've always worked perfectly fine, no complaints, no issues, no technical problems and the ease of use is just simple. This is already a huge reason for me to stay with the brand. All games also work from the older to the newer device. So I still don't see any reason why I suddenly should buy the latest competitor device without even looking at what device is actually better than the other. All games work exceptionally well for me, I don't get any lag, gfx is good, ... Another good point in my book. They also have some nice titles that aren't available on any other platform, like Gran Turismo and KillZone... These are my kind of games, if I already play one on a console.

Aside from all those plus-points a PS3 is also a great end device for non-gaming-use. It's a perfect bluray player for the same kind of money. So why not take the option to play games at once with it? It also works perfectly in my network, so that's another good point for me. All together, this is why I prefer a Playstation 3 over any other console, but not over a PC. The price is good for the options and quality you get.

Personally PC. Mainly due to the Xbox nor PS3 being able to support the Eyefinity that my PC can allowing me to span a game over three screens. Makes the game more immersive but also scares me from time to time. It also allows easier customization and addon systems for most game along with a beautiful array of 3rd party controllers to enhance the experience.

i bought a PS3 Slim, and fat played for max 1 month now its left on the corner havent touched it for over 3 months now..if anyone wants it ill be selling it comes with a 19" Hd tv, also used as a monitor 16:9 Widescreen haha, Fifa 11,10, and Gta IV, CoD Modern warfare 2 which im best at :D and a few more games also with it haha wrong place to post this but oh well since its about games here it goes tota; am looking for is £300.00 as the games did cost alot around £40...PM me if intrested hehe ill have it on eBay for safer sale (Sorry for posting it here feel free to move it to the right place)

Only PS3 60GB fat for sale with the games and Tv :D