Nutta

Title:

Gang-Wars

Game abstract:

Mafia based game set in the USA.

Technology used:

McCodes v2

Current development status:

I have installed the script and added quite a few mods and edited a lot of things around and started working on my own mods.

My own skills and tasks in the game:

I'm not the best coder, im more into editing codes to making them better rather than creating them from scratch.

What I/we are looking for:

Looking for someone to help code the website so it could take some workload off my back, they need to be pretty good tbh.

Expenses will be covered by:

I bought the script, im currently using a free hosting service but i will be upgrading this friday to a full hosting service and purchasing a domain.

Current team:

Only me working on the code, i have 1 tester and a moderator already, who are just playing the game as i go to find bugs etc.

Share / gain of the partners:

The share of the website will all come down to how much effort you are willing to put in, if you do A LOT of work im thinking 50/50 but if you can only help out occasionally it will be less.

I won't be reading this thread again so please email or private message me.

[email protected].

Thanks

Maybe you should read this:

Lets say I partner with you.. I do aload of work for the game, which is on a free host and free domain, and the game goes down the sh!t. I get $0 from it and loose alot of money I could have had from jobs in that time. Or, the game stays up, but no-one plays it, again lost money. Or, the game becomes a success and you dont acknowledge me, lost money. Or I do the game, you run off, lost money. Or, the game works out and we both gain $$$. Now see how much the chance of success is?

Me, apart from template would be one of the last things i get before it goes into a beta testing stage. You can find ways around paying for advertising but if needed i would.

Okay two things wrong with this.

First, you said you will do the template last before beta testing stage? So are you saying you will get a template and just slop it on? By getting a new template you will need to reformat most of your pages to work with it, usually a template is one of the first things to get so you can actually see how things are progressing and will look. Bad idea.

Second. "Ways around paying for advertising" - If you are going in that direction, then you most likely will not get your game heard out there. Yes there is ways and some are good, but to leave it all to no using money to advertise is not a smart thing.

This is why I need a partner because I don't have that much experience, i've played mafia games and all that, my last game we was about to launch then there was some issues so we scrapped it. But my partner on my old game, wanted to get everything but not give anything.

People do, mafia style is just very popular. But there are quite some games out there that are very different and very successful. You just need some imagination, and of course, you need to put time and effort in it. Nonetheless, a good mafia game can still survive and become very successful, you'll just have a bit more competion. Of course, a good management, and programming is required as well, but that's for all games...

Title:

Share / gain of the partners:

The share of the website will all come down to how much effort you are willing to put in, if you do A LOT of work im thinking 50/50 but if you can only help out occasionally it will be less.

I don’t think anyone will enter into a partnership where you at some point down the line what percentage they get out of it…

Danny. Although this might not be the best place to ask for help on a free game for obvious reasons. There are programmers out there who just want to build up the portfolio and would work for free just to do that. It is not so far fetched that he wants a partner. Back in the day i would have jumped in, programmed it and added the screenshot to my portfolio.