MakeWebGames

installing redux...

Kr3W

I get this error after entering the game information...

Write Config...

Config written.

Attempting DB connection

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'kr3w_1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/kr3w/public_html/class/class_db_mysql.php on line 48

FATAL ERROR: Could not connect to database on localhost (Access denied for user 'kr3w_1'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

Now i know for a fact the username and pass is correct so why would i get this error?

I decided to scrap my game and restart so i deleted all the old files from cpanel and replaced them with the new Redux files... did i do something wrong?

yeah illusions godaddy uses something along the lines of "databasename".db.5770834.hostedresource.com mind you ive added the " on each side of database but yeah Kr3W check with your host and make sure its Localhost the use and not something like godaddy simple thing with godaddys way if you don't want to wait for their system to give you the DBHostname connection is go by the database you have created and you should beable to come up with the link like one of my old forums i had a db like con1033707242278 and the link was con1033707242278.db.5770834.hostedresource.com

Depending on the host the file still will not be created or written too running the installer with those permissions Lucky. Probably better to do the files at 666 or 777

I would bet your config file is empty meaning the write was not performed.

I manually installed redux as the installer is to be honest rubbish. Delete the .htaccess file. Go to cPanel (or your control panel) password protect the Staff folder. Chmod the Staff, Global and Mods directory including all the files to 666 or 777. Edit the installer file on line 231 so it now reads

if ( is_writable('./Global') ) {

Install. Chmod Staff, Mods, Global directory to 755 and files to 644 or less and your done.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'kr3w_1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/kr3w/public_html/class/class_db_mysql.php on line 48

FATAL ERROR: Could not connect to database on localhost (Access denied for user 'kr3w_1'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

Now i know for a fact the username and pass is correct so why would i get this error?

This fact you know is wrong. You get that error because the username annd password have been denied. Are you sure there isnt a space after the password or the username for cpanel actually has _1 in it?

Its nothing to do with localhost, as the user is denied..

This fact you know is wrong. You get that error because the username annd password have been denied. Are you sure there isnt a space after the password or the username for cpanel actually has _1 in it?

Its nothing to do with localhost, as the user is denied..

my user and pass is correct i keep changing it as well to just check it and nothing works i keep getting the same error.