MakeWebGames

Redux Multiple Accounts One IP

mike

I noticed you cannot register more than one account on an IP address. A good thing to be sure but is there a way to allow players who request extra accounts for a spouse or roomates? Does anyone see this as a problem or is it becoming a standard since it would help cut down admins from having to look for multi-accounts? Thanks!

That makes sense since you can easily change your IP at home and the out-of-box code does not prevent you from logging in multiple accounts on one IP but only prevents you from registering them from one IP. Shouldn't be too difficult to code in the no-trading between accounts on the same IP and remove the registering code.

I actually agree with allowing multis, but only by request (you can use a system for this). Then transfers between legitimate family members is fine, however you get a % penalty for doing such a transfer e.g. cash transfers 20% penalty, crystals, 25% etc. This allows the genuine households to have more than one account well discouraging them from helping each other all the time. The only downside is that staff will need to review logs a lot more to spot any feeder accounts if anyone attempts to cheat your system. A search feature built into the logs will make it easy to see all multi transfers amongst households, and therefore spot any feeder accounts.

So I just have to remove the code preventing multiple accounts to be registered at the same IP and allow multi-accounts per household for those with prior approval? Basically remove this new feature and go back to version 2.0.3 which is fine. I like the penalty to transfers between multi-accounts I just have to figure out how to code it 8^)

Edited by mike