19 members have voted

1. 1. Game art style

• Cartoon like
    • Manga style
    • Hand drawn (pencil or other)
    • 3D rendered
    • Picture based
    • I don't like game art

I personally prefer Cartoon, but equally, 3D rendered as it brings an element to the user of (If done well) picturing/imagining the games world, if you understand me.

For example, lets take the GTA series. Their loading screens suggests the game world is a little adult themed and violent, as well as the fan art. Personally, i think rockstar games have implemented the loading screen art well, as they could have just displayed a dull loading screen.

If done well, Cartoon art, i think, can be mixed in well with 3D renders, as it gives the look of real life and 'fantasy' in a game, which i think a lot of players want to see.

Just my thought.

-sniko

dang, who doesn't want to improve their skills to go from a text based php platform to a fully rendered 3d game like World of Warcraft? Player wise and developer wise I would prefer 3d rendered .... if I had the skills to do more than edit a few basic mcodes mods. In the mean time, Ill play with my 3d programs and use them to make fancy images for a simple text based game. *sigh*