MakeWebGames

Busking

ashbow97

Any of you been busking or want to go busking soon? :)

Yeah, I went busking for my first time earlier today, couldn't asked for better weather tbf :) Not a great first time though me thinks, i made around £13 for 2 hours of working my ass off (I play the Violin by the way) :/ I came in early to grab the best place, but then after an hour or so it started to get busy, and this other Violinist decided to stand right next to me and started. The annoying thing is, he didn't ask or anything, just came and started playing with his amp so nobody could hear me or the other buskers! I'm not the only one who got anoyed by him, I talked to some of the other buskers and they all said the same xD Don't you just hate it when people come and basically kick you out :/

Sorry I just had to say it xD Lol, Do any of you know any decent classical or folk (celtic, irish or scottish) music at all... I'm running out of stuff to play :L

Street trade has a time served loyalty scheme and etiquette of its own.

Usually busy spots are busy as they generate the most money. Best thing to do is next time you go busking and it happens. Wait until said person has finished and have a chat. See if you can arrange what times is good for you both and then stick by that. That way you both win rather than trying to compete.

I worked on seafronts and various streets in the UK and across Europe before I went into trading from my own shop. Some of the best yrs of my life and it was a great time with lots of people.

play some titanic stuff people love it... I lived in Oregon in the US and they have nothing but street performers downtown Portland, there use to be a guy on the corner every weekend playing Titanic songs and he raked in over $200 per hour... I guess you need to pick the right place and the right popularity of music to play... It does suck when you have a lot of performers in one area...