MakeWebGames

Gothic layout

Lilith

Thanks DJK, each one gets easier than the last, I kinda wanted to see if I could create a layout that could be purchased in a zip file, upload to stock mccodes and be done with it, and I acheived that. You know how I struggled with this stuff when I first started.

Good work.

Id suggest some font styling in there and supplying the font if using a free one. Just seems a bit out of place things like the FAQ which would look much better in a swirling fancy font.

Also the hr bars could also be styled to match the the graphics rather than a plain white hr.

Thanks DJK, each one gets easier than the last, I kinda wanted to see if I could create a layout that could be purchased in a zip file, upload to stock mccodes and be done with it, and I acheived that. You know how I struggled with this stuff when I first started.

Yes I recall, but you stuck with it and now your on a roll! :P

Good points Zu, even I only remember the hazy fog of trying to figure out how to install things to mccodes, do you think a font styling would be to difficult for the very beginner game developer this is aimed at? I can easily set it in the css, but should I just choose a browser friendly font and call it good with that?

Two ways of doing it...

You could just make it a font in the PSD file (assuming you will provide this) and therefore supply the font so they have it.

Or you could go for a css @font-face. Nothing really for a beginner to change as its all included either way in the package.

I was thinking of going with DJK's described method (thats what I meant) bc the FAQ is not an image, its coded into the header as a link so they can go to say a tutorial. I also thought you were referring to the navigation links ect.

I guess I need to explain that the image you see is an actual screen shot of the layout coded into a mccodes testing site that no one else can get to but me (I only have one licence, so no register page). It is primarily css with only two images (header and footer) all the fonts, colors and lettering (ecept the game logo) are controlled by the css files (yes there are two, one for layout one for styles)

Edited by Lilith

lol peter, its a super cheap layout that is fully coded.... developed to be affordable for everyone and easy to install for the newest of noobs without changing a lot about mccodes to allow for easy editing of the code for a new coder. And with only two images ... if they were half way decent with photoshop, they can change the header / footer anyway they like. Its meant to be simple, of course, as always with my work, you get what you pay for. If you want more, you have to pay more ;) Im in the process of developing several "just upload" templates in different themes. This being the simplest. Of course if someone wished to have a more complicated design with this same layout, Id be happy to quote them for custom graphics. Perhaps you would like this one better? http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/Sanguine1_2009/mafia2.jpg Im adding it to the lsit fo "just upload" layouts as soon as I clean up the css files .... it will run about $100

mafia2.jpg.777004a499da4b49eb3c4f88dc82ec6b.jpg

vampires.jpg.439946eb90a2d04a89798186da770bff.jpg

Vlogin.jpg.b39fa68fefebb9aebbbba33f86a29136.jpg

Edited by Lilith
Upload Images as asked