MakeWebGames

My Portfolio Template

Blade Maker

I wanted to show you guys my new coded and designed by me portfolio template.

This is my 4th? template I have created, as some may see I am progressing and I am happy about it, I am still looking for tips, but anyways here is my site.

http://www.blademaker.castle-legends.com/

castle-legends is the game I am my partner our working on, but you cannot login as I turned login and register off, if you end up logging in or registering please let me know so I can fix that.

Anyways back to the template, I know its not anything big but I believe I did a good job for my 4th template, I am still learning with designing.

I will be coding the pages probably tomorrow but right now I am going to sleep, so when I get up I expect to be reading tips and compliments, thanks.

Very simple, I agree with a_bertrand and I, myself, have this problem still. I tend to think Font's are the hardest to deal with on a template, but that is just one person's opinion. Back to your template, like I said it's simple. For coding, I see about 5 major div's with probably just a couple of other easy additions. It is definitely a template to practice on which is good, but to grab clients I would say you need to try and make a more detail job done. As styling up a template is not just in the template itself but on the pages. TO prove to a client, they should choose you, you need to work more on the pages themselves an dhow they look as just a center text with a title will not do. Clean job done, I probably wouldn't of done a separate div for the blue bar at the top, I would of just included it with the background header design. For the template itself, it's simple and not sure why there is blood splatters if this is a portfolio piece, which is just like a regular template. Plus the top blue line is way to vibrant and bright. It makes me focus up at the very top vierst, which is not what you really want people to do.

However, it is your fourth try so good job on that. I tried to be as clean with my critique hope it helped.

• 3 weeks later...
Correct me if Im wrong but the template in your portfolio is it there just as a place marker? looks like you took this template http://gamesitetemplates.com/vbulletin-forum-skins/vbulletin-skins-v4/blade-forum-skin-v4/prod_328.html and drew over it and added a knight you found form somewhere also...and shield.

Is it just for personal use, just curious...

I think the site is for one of his games, so really it should come under "project" instead of being shown on a portfolio under the category of templates.