MakeWebGames

My Engine.

Danny696

Ok, some one you may know, I've been creating an engine for the past few months. I recently set about recoding it. I was *Very* displeased about the way I created some things, especially the login and register script.

The front end will remain mostly the same. The main difference will be two extra installed themes. And the login and register will be fully javascriped. The old system ran at about 0.005 seconds. I hope to reduce this by a thousandth of a second.

Ok, a few days ago, I had a thought. I thought about having things like packs, these basic pack will be $15, this will contain the engine, but the next pack will be $20, this will be for the engine, which will have fb integrated in the engine. This means the fb integration is only $5, but you can purchase it at a later date for $10.

The current system can be found Here!

Reviews are welcome, so is fedback, and suggestions.

Thanks Danny Hanson

Demo account would be nice, takes too long to register. :P

Looks good.

Im nosey and like to see who registers ;) Thanks for the compliment.

Ok, a few days ago, I had a though. I though about having things like packs,

Thought mate, thought...

But I'm digging that engine. May consider purchasing it. I'll have a think. Very nice work.

Ahh suger, I thought i put that.

Thanks for the compliment, it's only going to be $15, for just the engine, so even that isnt that much money lost if you dont use it.

This seems interesting...

May I ask the extent of the “Facebook integration” ? Just a login button or is it full integration so you can play from facebook as well as the site itself?

If it's going on sale may I ask more about the file set-up such as how you would add your own mods? Is it like mcc were you simply include a global file or like ezrpg where you add modules?

Folder set-up if there is one?

Are you using a class file the user would use when adding mods or just the normal php functions? More asking this to know about anything custom you dumped in there that could make creating mods easy.

Template system being used? if there is one...

How “noob friendly” is the code?

Are you using mysql/mysqli?

Minimum php/mysql version that would be needed?

Im not going to give away too much into on the packages. The 'Facebook Intergration' will be using the fb connect, which will enable you to login, register, 'like', 'share' and other basic fuctions like that.

There is a folder set-up, but again, im not going to give too much away, and it is more like Mccodes, in which you only need to include a file, but there are custom settings to be added to each file. This then makes it more "noob friendly"

I use afew class files, users, which is extended with other clases, the db system, which i will talk more about in a minute, aswell as a pagination system used. The user class will be used in most mods,for example, functions for username, and a little function to update the users table, make it easier to code, and reduces the file sizes.

I created a basic template system, as I dont like any others, for example Smarty. (Sorry zeggy :P)

The code is very 'noob friendly', Before release I will be commenting on all the code, to reduce confusion and questions.

The code currently uses MySQL, but the db class is made in such a way that it can easily be changed, unlike the febal attempt by mccodes, we all know it doesnt work :P

The system was created in the latest instance of PHP, (5.3) and the latest MySQL (5.5)

I also know you use jquery a lot is it the same for this engine?

From what I have seen from you in the past it should be fairly well made, however a small snippet would be nice if you're willing to show us? Just something to show how what it's like does not have to be from the engine itself.

I haven't used a lot of jQuery in the engine, nor have I added it to the theme. The old engine only ever had jQuery on the explore, just as a demonstration. This time I will be using it on the login and register. Im actually working on it now!

I have asked for a board for the engine, but that hasn't happened yet. When it does, ill be sure to post snippets, and tuts etc..

Boards should only be added if we have enough topics for them already. Empty boards make the site look bad. The more topics on the engine the more of a chance you will have.

What about licence rights? One per site with the ability to sell paid mods etc or is stuff like that still being worked on?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...