MakeWebGames

Need input on graphics

Mystical

I think that you will find many people wanting to hire you for your design services. Your work is clean, color is well balanced, proportion of your characters is well done, (and despite it being illustration) I like it when I don't like illustration, but your technical grade gets an A+. I can see a lot of people coming to you for your work. In fair warning as you are new to this forum, there are a lot of "kids" on here that make a lot of promises they can't keep. Be watchful of them in your business dealings, as I would hate to see someone as talented as yourself go away. The Mob theme is quite popular, but Id love to see you go away from "the already been done" and show what originality you have as well.

I think that you will find many people wanting to hire you for your design services. Your work is clean, color is well balanced, proportion of your characters is well done, (and despite it being illustration) I like it when I don't like illustration, but your technical grade gets an A+. I can see a lot of people coming to you for your work. In fair warning as you are new to this forum, there are a lot of "kids" on here that make a lot of promises they can't keep. Be watchful of them in your business dealings, as I would hate to see someone as talented as yourself go away. The Mob theme is quite popular, but Id love to see you go away from "the already been done" and show what originality you have as well.
Thank you for your kind words. Eventually I will come up with something original for a game but this being my first game I decided to go with something familiar and popular. As far as the watch the "kids" thing, I have 5 of my own and 6 grandchildren so I am well aware of the messed up things kids will do.... :D Everything I used to create the look, I got free from this forum thank god because coding is way beyond me at the moment. This place is a wealth of information and I don't see why people spend so much money on a site when all you need is a little graphics skill and be able to read. So far I have 0 dollars invested except for the price of the script. I am going to try to get this game done using things I find here and other places and attempt to do the whole thing for 0 dollars. Wish me luck... ;) Thanks for the positive feedback Lilith and I am pleased to meet you! :)

Mystical, I do admire your ambition to try and produce a game for 0$, if it is a fun project to do and not make money then yes it would be okay to try and do it for 0$. However, you game will not increase in numbers if there is no budget. Marketing and advertising are big in creating a successful game, yes you can post on forums but most of the forums you know people will have seen a game like this. So, just a little heads up. If you want to try and make money in the game, then yes you will have to put money into your budget and invest in different areas. No matter how many mods you find on this forum they won't be unique and be like the 1000 of other games out there. So just a few heads up. Good luck though

Good use of mascots :) They seem stretched though in my opinion, I would try though like Lilith said to try something more unique. Go away from the font and texture on the font, it's to much of a beginners style. But good job on the template for just beginning. Good luck :)

Thanks for your honest opinion. I see what you are saying about the stretching of the mascots and the beginners style of the fonts. I attempted to make it better this morning and think it came out pretty good. I did the original at 2:00am and was half asleep. Let me know what you think about the redo. I do value you opinion as I have seen your work and you are amazing to say the least. Here is the redo. :)

http://i51.tinypic.com/30lfc4w.jpg

P.S. I will be working on something original when I get this one up and running.

Mystical, I do admire your ambition to try and produce a game for 0$, if it is a fun project to do and not make money then yes it would be okay to try and do it for 0$. However, you game will not increase in numbers if there is no budget. Marketing and advertising are big in creating a successful game, yes you can post on forums but most of the forums you know people will have seen a game like this. So, just a little heads up. If you want to try and make money in the game, then yes you will have to put money into your budget and invest in different areas. No matter how many mods you find on this forum they won't be unique and be like the 1000 of other games out there. So just a few heads up. Good luck though

I am going to try to market it through Twitter, facebook, myspace and such. For the unique part of it I have a few good ideas for mods and I will figure out how to do them myself I hope (without blowing up the internet). I also own 3 flash game arcades and am a member of a ton of forums. We will see how it goes. If I make no money then so be it....but I am having fun doing it and it keeps me from drinking too much! :D No money invested = no loss.

f you want to market a game throgh facebook, try out my facebook game engine, its free and ill be posting instructions on how to convert McCodes Mods into FBGA ^^

Also it is very easy to pick up (easier then everyone thinks) as all the complicated code (still easy once you know what evrything is) is all in the globals file like in MCC (not that MCC is complicated :P) :D