MakeWebGames

Basics Of Desiging a Template

Dayo

[align=center]Basics Of Desiging a Template[/align]

Latley i have seen several designs that TBH would be very hard to code to html / very easy if you use millions of images and slow the browser down an example of this would be http://i55.tinypic.com/10ngxlg.gif (sorry shinobi but listen to whats said in here ... it will help you)

Right the first thing that you need to forget is fansy fonts and effects the font has - with CSS you can get a shadow and thats it, also take the size of the text into account, if everything is 20px the user dont know where to look for every image you dont use your game will load faster and your bandwitdth will go alot further

Size of canvas and Background - i see so many designs 900px wide when i design a layout i do it a min of 1600px wide so i can account for the bigger screen resolutions.

Backgrounds - i see so many designs with backgrounds like mnist/pattern along the top, for a background use something that can be repeated across the x-axis and align with one and another

Images - Try to avoid using big images as you are waisting browser load time

ill add more as i think ...