MakeWebGames

Hiring Coder to fix crons

Lilith

Issue has been resolved, Thank you both for helping / being willing to help fix my mess.

RE: what was even wrong .... Im a dumb ass when it comes to crons lol.

I was going to completely recode them and optimize them for you :L and then change the way they run to make them more secure. But it's good you got them fixed!

Issue has been resolved, Thank you both for helping / being willing to help fix my mess.

I was going to completely recode them and optimize them for you :L and then change the way they run to make them more secure. But it's good you got them fixed!

I lol'd....

Change they way they're run to make them more secure? -.-

Are you sure you wasn't just going to change the way the key is set?

I lol'd....

Change they way they're run to make them more secure? -.-

Are you sure you wasn't just going to change the way the key is set?

No I was going to remove the key completely actually, move the cron files out of the public_html area and then run them using a php command, Means that no user can run the crons manually? Which is my eyes makes them more secure. Then I was just gonna change some off the queries to make them run quicker.

Seems a bit much to me, IMO.

Remove the key, I agree with.

But meh, I still lul'd

Well he was offering $20.. So if i was just to fix it would off been a waste off his money, I like to provide extra services to people if their badly over paying!

Good for you, Dave and Zed.

But those are your opinions - I'd much prefer to keep the crons inside the public folder.

Lets face it, if you move your crons into a folder and protect them with some sort of thing only you're going to be able to know how to run it, then there's no problem.

And before you cry, I'm not saying you're wrong.

I'm stating the facts.

Good on you though Dave for putting in the effort for $20 ;)

He should've picked you >.<