MakeWebGames

help posts posted in with free mods

ok so i have been looking at old mods for mccodes and noticed as i got back to page 1 there are more and more topics in the free area that are just people asking for help "fix my crons" or "help me this is not working" not a big deal since i just skipped them however why is this the case?

idea

why not have the the topic name looked at before posting for key words if the key word "help" is in there it "suggests" a better place to post sure it won't stop ever post however it will cut down (even if only by a little) the work for your staff who in the last week alone most of moved a lot of topics anyway just saying

Hmm.. I think it had something to do with that board recieving more activity than the support board so they decided to post there so their question would get answered alot quicker than if it was within the support sections of the forum.

Isn't this why we have staff? :)

Yes but we can move misplaced thread that are new(ish) and we do but we don't go back what 3/4 years worth of posts moving them if there misplaced. Maybe we should but it's up to the owners.

I never said yu had too, but what he is suggestion is for new threads, So Am I..

yea i don't really care about the 4 year old ones however 1/2 the new posts are "help me" think this would make yours jobs easyer and they can't say omg i did not see that yea sure the link when you wanted to post did not give it away ;)

I know i personally move threads that I see that are in the wrong category and i do this quite frequently.

If members of the forum are annoyed by certain users constantly posting topics to the wrong category, imagine how staff feels having to keep moving their posts. Even if you send them a polite private message to make sure they are posting to the right category, some continue to do so.