MakeWebGames

No name Project

AlabamaHit

I've been working on my own source for sometime now. It is a crap load of work to make everything fit together, And I don't mean the looks, the code lol..

Anyone that has/is making their own from nothing knows what I mean.

So far I just have the basic layout, Nothing is really in it...Yet of course..

I just thought since everyone else is putting what they are working on out there, that I would to.....

I will add screen shots if someone can let me know how to add watermarks...But the layout is very basic..Nothing fancy.

Like said before code is from scratch...

It is index page..(What that is call completely left my mind right now.. lol) Example: http://www.SITE.com/index.php?page=home

I have no idea when will be done...

I will have it online for demo...(don't know when, don't have money for hosting right now.)

Your moving slow. Why ?

Because your working blind. First find an idea, make a small plan, pin some goals, and then start the hard work.

I deeply appreciate your effort for coding a game from bottom to top. But to me you sound like wining and not like passion driven.

"Why reinvent the wheel ? When you could just improve the one already made." Metaphoric speaking.

Good luck, and can't w8 to play your mystery game.

@the best way to prevent copyright issues and work rip is to make your work known. Like posting in forums. So watermarks is not a big deal. Trust me if someone wants your stuff will find a way to take it.

Thanks, I got the hard part done. I just have to add to it now.

@DigialGerm,

I'm not working blind. I know what I'm doing, lol. Reason I'm not in a hurry, is beacuase I don't have to be..(no need).

The coding "framework" is done. I just have to add to it. I was simply stating that it is not as easy as some would think.

But to me you sound like wining and not like passion driven.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean....

"Why reinvent the wheel ? When you could just improve the one already made."
I would not call mccodes a wheel.. If you take a pile of crap and form it into a sculpture....It is still crap lol. (Just the way I fell).

Plus, it wouldn't be my own.

About the watermarks...

I was asking about them to slow down people.

The template/layout I'm using is a 'free' one.(But paid like $10 to be able to remove their info :thumbsup: ). So, it is possible that someone is using it, already. I Just don't want to invite people to use it before I get the change to if they aren't...

I know a demo of the game would do the same.

Thanks again for feedback. :)

Your moving slow. Why ?

"Why reinvent the wheel ? When you could just improve the one already made." Metaphoric speaking.

[..]

Your moving slow. Why ?

[/...]

He's moving slow because it's his project he wants to get everything done, Instead off rushing through and ending up missing some important stuff and have too go back and update/add it back.

[...]

[/...]

Why use a premade engine when you can use your own and be totally unique along with customization off everything and anything, Using a premade engine limits you to what exactly what you can do, Creating your own is pretty much better.

@AB; Good Luck, I hope this works out for ya ;D

I was referring to framework. Like Zend, Cakephp, codeignite etc...

I didn't mention MCC. Because you haven't specify what type project your working. Only that it's a crap of work, and have no money for hosting, but you afford a template?. Witch made me think your winning. Why should I have to translate myself. Poor English flows in my brain neurons so I might not be explicit! Hope you will get the idea and motivation to do something (finish it) otherwise by the time you will finish your project will be outdated or someone else made it. ( from my experience ).

I'm sorry if I hurt your fellings, I am afterwards your humble servant.

Watermarking your screenshots is not hard to do, especially if you keep it simple.

Just download GIMP (its free) http://www.gimp.org

You can get one of the many available watermark scripts, or you can do it yourself by adding a new layer to your image, putting your watermark on that layer, and adjusting the opacity until you are happy with the way it looks.

I'm personally completely in favor to use self made engines. First of all it will ensure more diversity, second, it will push you to know every single bits of your code, and finally, it will teach you a lot more.

Now using a framework like Zend or others, yes you can, but be careful, as any not completely useful code will slow down and increase the server CPU / Memory usage. Template engines like smarty are overkill, most of the time something like a plain HTML with some place holders like {content} or such will be more than enough. Also result caching offered by those framework are basically useless for games as at least in most cases, the whole page or nearly will need to be generated every time.

Don't get me wrong, those generic PHP frameworks are good, simply I don't see much needs for those in game development.

Good luck, I've got two projects going on at the moment. One is an engine made by me, and the other is an engine with my partner. And it's not easy when you're adding so much, but they're right, you need to set some goals.

I started mine without goals and issues were flying at me left, right and center. I finally set my goals and I was doing work quickly, and the whole game came together.

Best of luck :)