MakeWebGames

use item multiple times

melduk

You'd need to add a quantity to the Items table, then on the item use, make a form for how many they want to use

Then just do some checks

if((isset($_POST['Amount'])) && ctype_digit($_POST['Amount'])) {
mysql_query("UPDATE `inventory` SET `Quantity` = `Quantity` - ".$_POST['Amount']." WHERE (`userid` = ".$_SESSION['userid'].") AND (`inv_id` = ".$r['inv_id'].")");
echo 'You used '.number_format($_POST['Amount']).' of the '.htmlentities($Item['ItemName']).''; // I'm sure something like $Item was defined elsewhere
}

I don't care if you would do this differently, do it your way if that's the case

This may not be 100% accurate, I've forgotten a lot of the McCodes setup, and this is just a quick idea of how it can be done.

That's the way I'd do it

$_GET['spend'] = isset($_GET['spend']) && is_string($_GET['spend']) ? strtolower(trim($_GET['spend'])) : "";
$quantity = mysql_query("SELECT i.* , u.userid from inventory i users uLEFT JOIN i.inv_userid=u.userid"); //This query probably fails, I suck at queries
if(!$_GET['spend'])
{
echo "All of your itemuse stuff goes here except the qunatity actions";

}
else if($_GET['spend'] == 'quantity')
{
echo "Type in the amount of {$r['itmname']} you wish to use.
";
echo "<form action='itemuse.php?action=quantity2' method='post'>";
echo "<input type='text' name='quantity' />
";
echo "<input type='submit' value='Submit' />";
echo "</form>";
}
else if($_GET['spend'] == 'crystals2')
{

$_POST['quantity'] = (float) $_POST['quantity'];
if($_POST['quantity'] <= 0 || $_POST['quantity'] > {$ir['inv_qty']} //Once again, the {$r['inv_qty']} bit is probably wrong.
{
echo "Error, you either do not have enough {$r['itmname']}s or did not fill out the form.

[url='itemuse.php?action=quantity']Back[/url]";
$h->endpage();
exit;
}

$TakeVotePoints = sprintf("UPDATE inventory SET inv_qty - inv_qty - %s WHERE (userid = %u)", $_POST['quantity'], $userid);

$db->query($TakeVotePoints);
echo "You have used {$_POST['quantity']} {$r['itmname']}(s). 
//Add in your itemuse codes here, I can't think atm :P
}

Untested and most likely won't work, but thats the basic outline. The queries are probably wrong as I'm not good using 2+ tables at once. Hope a better coder can brush this up (or recode it better lol)