MakeWebGames

Problem with Forums on GL engine---Freedomcity

Joshua

I'm taking over the FreedomCity Project and would like to get all the bugs worked out first before i delve into anything new.

The first bug I've encountered is on the Forums on the site. When you click forums the list of options for various differant forums pop up to select. Once you select a forum you'd like to visit it chucks out this error

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/~~~~~~~/_forum.php on line 22

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/~~~~~~~~~/forum.php on line 22

Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

On Line 22 of forum.php is the very first mysql_query, obviously it's not connecting with the host.

I looked through forum.php and _forum.php and there is nothing being included that connects with the actual database.

So i took the liberty of including the safe.php and function file.

Then it connected but gave me a cannot resend session output, session in connect.php and one in forum.php. However there is no "session" bit in either forum.php nor _forum.php so i'm at a loss of why it's doing that ><

Aye but I browsed the "top.php" file and it's just a blank file :\

If i include the safe.php file, it's double session starting via the connec file.

However if I dont include safe.php it doesnt connect at all

Which is strange, because the session stuff is linked through connect.php that's linked through safe.php

But neither safe nor connect are anywhere else in forums until I add them, so meh!

aye I've noticed that, I'm just working on learning the ins and outs of this engine trying to graduate past mccodes as I really like how this engine is set up

other than a few MRES's on integers and some of the ereg, most of which I've replaced with preg >,< It's coded very well.