MakeWebGames

Facebook app help ???

Shakeynath

Hey Mwg forum !

I dont know wether im posting on the right place but if so then i apologise :)

I have a game made called solarbattles and its been live now for a few weeks .. Im looking to make the game a little more big by making a facebook app ! But the problem is i dont know how to go about this and i just need some pointers to show me which direction to go.

Ive seen one game that i used to play been made into an app so i no you can do it but you have to re-code bits i think and i just need a little help with this ??

If anyone can help and point me in the right direction then that would be hugeley goooddd !!!!

You need to think things through more carefully...

How is your game going to integrate with facebook?

Do the users have to go through the register process again, or will your game use their facebook account details?

If you decide to use fb details, how are you going to store two different kinds of info in your database and display them in your game? Facebook doesn't have usernames.

Is your facebook app going to be a mini-game clone of your full game, or will it be exactly the same?

Integrating your game with facebook has a lot of problems that you need to think about... Also, if your game becomes popular on facebook (viral) then will your host be able to handle sudden increases in server load?

The answers to these questions also affect how deeply you can integrate your game with facebook. It may be that in the end you won't be able to take advantage of any of facebook's features like friend invitations, notifications, wall posts, etc.