MakeWebGames

[Mod] GRPG profile signatures [My First]

SlanderDesign

Profile signature mod for Generic RPG! With help from MTG. :)

First open Profiles.php and find :

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

add under:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Then find:

Add Above!:

Save and close profiles.php.

Next create a file called bbcode_engine.php Add this to it:

Save and close.

Now open classes.php and find:

Add below this:

Save and close.

Open preferences.php and replace with:

Save and close.

Now run this SQL

All done!

BBcode Engine supplied by Magictallguy :rolleyes:

Hope this helps! :D

Why are you using a class for that? Maybe if there was ALOT more stuff/functions ect maybe but...

There is no need for that one function to be inside a class, that is just useless and pointless.

What is it with criticizing others work?

If you didn't know I've only been coding about 3 weeks...Sorry if I make 1 mistake and for you information if it wasn't in a class you cant see other people's sig.

So before been a smart Alik please check what file it is been coded for and where it is suppose to add to added.

If you're just learning, then you should learn to take criticism. You can either learn from criticism, or be offended. LazyT's criticism was helpful, not intended to offend you at all.

Since you've been coding for 3 weeks, how do you know what you are doing is correct?

LazyT is correct, there is no need to put it in a class. You can easily put that code in a function.

There is also a sql injection vulnerability, assuming there is no security other than what has been posted:

It may work and do exactly what it is supposed to do, but if you're given a chance to improve it, would you take it?

I have tried putting the class in but it only works that way.

You need to forget this. Any code you write in a class can be written as functions, and same vice versa.

Since you haven't been able to get it to work without a class, you should try to learn how to use functions instead of classes then. If not for rewriting this mod, then simply for improving your understanding of PHP.

Your code is not wrong. There is nothing wrong with using classes for everything, if that's what you want. We're just pointing out that it would probably be less code and easier to use if you were to put it into a function instead of a class, since in this situation using a class provides no benefits.

GRPG i did find very insecure (more than mc) but working with things other than MC is a good start, Listen to Zeggy though, i never listened when i first started out and i wasted about 5 month believing i was the dogs bollocks. When i finally listened i noticed i was wrong and learnt alot from others.

We ain't going to lie to you we'll just try to guide you the best we know how. Most people don't even get a reason for criticism so think yourself lucky, normally best to ignore CrazyT though lol

GRPG i did find very insecure (more than mc) but working with things other than MC is a good start, Listen to Zeggy though, i never listened when i first started out and i wasted about 5 month believing i was the dogs bollocks. When i finally listened i noticed i was wrong and learnt alot from others.

We ain't going to lie to you we'll just try to guide you the best we know how. Most people don't even get a reason for criticism so think yourself lucky, normally best to ignore CrazyT though lol

Agreed with that buddy.

CrazyT will try everything he can to get you to drop you're users lol