MakeWebGames

mccode lite revamp

mdshare

Just polling who would be interested to revamp mccode lite.

If enough interest we can make it a open source project.

The revamp goal would be using the Woltlab Community Framework as core. WCF is Free unlike WBB.

Why WCF ?

Most functionality which is in games are available.

• cronjobs
  • msgs module
  • user signup/login
  • style/template module
  • user rankings (staff, members, etc even guest accounts wouldn't be a problem to give functionality)
  • etc ...

Also, using WCF as core and have it as a open source package for it would open the market segment to millions of people using WCF for their sites, most allthough in combination with WBB.

Expanding to this market segment would blow new life in mccode kinda and get pretty fast a large community with mods (free/paid)

Why not SMF or phpBB, they don't have a standalone framework they are pure forum.

It's just polling atm who would be interested, and if enough we can proceed

as it's a open source project there will be no deadlines so everyone can work on it and improve what's done

The benefit of using WCF is that it will be simply packages to add to the mccode.core module of wcf

so in theory there will be not much editing needed after awhile

I would try but this is going to be hard for me. I could try something but I don't know how it would work out. try coding it in coldfusion and see if you could try making it free or profitable. I know it would be hard but hey, it would be cool.

or you could try XML, XHTML, PHP, or HTML with php also with javascript, and css. that would be awesome out of that.

or you could try something like editing v2 since I bought the codes and still have the codes with me on my backup in case I lost my server with all my codes and see if you can revamp it. try something new like those nerds who discovered they can jump.

I would try but this is going to be hard for me. I could try something but I don't know how it would work out. try coding it in coldfusion and see if you could try making it free or profitable. I know it would be hard but hey, it would be cool.

or you could try XML, XHTML, PHP, or HTML with php also with javascript, and css. that would be awesome out of that.

or you could try something like editing v2 since I bought the codes and still have the codes with me on my backup in case I lost my server with all my codes and see if you can revamp it. try something new like those nerds who discovered they can jump.

¿Que?

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like an awesome idea but projects like revamps hardly ever stick.

I will help as much as I can :)

Revamp is a wrong word choice, it's just to make people familiar with what they know (crime theme stuff) it's actually a project that has to be written from scratch. I'm busy on the core game script, once that is done should be easy to write modules (packages) for it and extend it to whatever theme there is. A crimes package could aswell be used on a space theme ... it's well like said making the community familiar with what they know.