MakeWebGames

Runescape script

sting

Alright im not sure what type of script this is called so im just going to say does anyone know where i can get a script from which is similar to runescape or WoW because im looking to make a game similar to them.

wasnt sure where to post this too so i thought this would be suitable to post here.

if anyone knows where or someone who can selling me a script similar to runescape/wow let me know please either here or on my msn which is [email protected]

Re: Runescape script

Alright im not sure what type of script this is called so im just going to say does anyone know where i can get a script from which is similar to runescape or WoW because im looking to make a game similar to them.

wasnt sure where to post this too so i thought this would be suitable to post here.

if anyone knows where or someone who can selling me a script similar to runescape/wow let me know please either here or on my msn which is [email protected]

Runescape and wow are both very large games... Worth millions each...

Creating something from scratch even close to these games is gonna cost you alot of money!! You could start up a wow/rs private server with are perfectly legal aslong as they dont interfere with anything inside the actual game...

Re: Runescape script

Runescape use Java as client which means it works "partially" in your browser. At least players do start it with their browser. On the server side I have no clues, but I believe they do use Java too.

WoW is a normal standalone application written quiet certainly in C++ / Assembler with a dedicated server written certainly in C++ as well. The client uses DirectX or OpenGL (Don't know and doesn't matter it's nearly the same concept).

Now, if you want to do something like Runescape, then learn how to code in Java and invest a lot of time making it stable. The Java plugin is unfortunately since it's creation really unstable and have the bad tendency to crash browsers.

If you want to do something like WoW then I would suggest you to pick one of the existing standalone game engine, like xna or torque 3D instead of coding all by yourself.

In both cases you will need to invest a lot to build the models, the world, and script them.

Finally, I could as well promote my own engine, which is nowhere like Runescape nor WoW as first of all, it is really a web game (running requires only your browser) but it is a top view 2D engine. Like it or not, that's what I can propose you:

http://criminalexistence.com/ceforums/h ... .php?f=2.0