MakeWebGames

Hospital Java Countdown

shrek1609

This kind of works it makes the hospital time countdown in seconds and minutes with a piece of java...

(original java script found off google can't leave credit as can't find source again)

only problem is as it calls the minutes left from the database if you refresh it will round back up to last minute...

ie if you have 5 minutes 30 seconds left and refresh it will go back up to 6 till minute cron changes it to 5 minutes... (can't see a way round this except for using unix time stamps for time in hossy)

anyway have a go and post what you think

ok for the code...

open hospital.php

find

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

replace with...

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Guest Sniko`

Re: Hospital Java Countdown

Just to add i know people have wanted a java countdown and although this isn't perfect if anyone wants to work on it and make it better please do :-)

Nice Mod +1

*** Forgot to say with this method if you refresh time left doesn't jump back up ***

ok folks this is more accurate and as its impossible to make it 100% accurate without using 1 second crons, if its slightly out it will display "releasing" in the hospital list...

first off

run this sql

everywhere you send someone to hospital ie attackwon attacklost attackbeat etc

insert into the hospital queries the following...

(1200 is 20 minutes so however many minutes you want times it by 60)

an example of altered query

you will need to change these queries whereever the hospital field is updated in the database, which i guess is different for you all...

now open hospital.php

find

replace with...

new update...

open hospital.php

add

under

find

replace with

open header.php

find

replace with

When i said it was impossible to make it 100% accurate i was wrong...

its actuall possible to use this unix_timestamp to make hospital time 100% accurate...

eg... some one attacks someone 5 seconds before the minute cron runs they will only only end up with 19 minutes and 5 seconds in hossy instead of 20 minutes

if you change the attack.php (where it checks if you are in hossy or not to these)

[/code]

then the members will be in hospital for exactly 1,200 seconds (20 minutes)

you will need to change places like main menu as well

so anywhere the code says

change to

and there you have a 100% accurate java countdown times...

and remember you can just follow the exact same process for jail times

Thats the best method, also the title says 'java'. Java is a totally different language to JavaScript. :)

*edit: it seems i cannot spel hospital

This just started out as a cosmetic change (nice countdown numbers)

i've now realised that this is quite a massive addition to a game...

i am currently in the process of changing everything to the javascript countdown...

Which will result in there being no need for the 1 minute cron anymore...

now if people are interested i will create a new thread with details on how to change everything in the game to this...

so you can ditch your 1 minute cron...

This just started out as a cosmetic change (nice countdown numbers)

i've now realised that this is quite a massive addition to a game...

i am currently in the process of changing everything to the javascript countdown...

Which will result in there being no need for the 1 minute cron anymore...

now if people are interested i will create a new thread with details on how to change everything in the game to this...

so you can ditch your 1 minute cron...

definitely interested :]

@shreck. It isn't a huge addition it just takes a lot of editing. It would be best to create a text file and write a tutorial showing the steps needed to go thorugh.

i disagree, personally i think its a big addition to a game, although not so much as to what the members can see but to how the game runs...

for starters you can get rid of the 1 minute crons, this will be handy people on webhosts...

second it now makes the hospital time 100% accurate whereas before if they attacked someone 5 seconds before cron ran, hospital time would drop 1 minute... in effect them gaining 55 seconds where they should have been in hospital...

third there is now no more refreshing of pages to see how long you have left in hospital (again kinder on the server)

fourth it looks alot nicer...

so sorry but i think it is a pretty big change to a game...

i don't think i will be doing the tutorial for it as only one person has expressed interest and it is quite a tricky one to install (tricky in the fact there are so many edits needed)

and everything you need to get this working on your site is already in this post... barring the need to change any items that reduce hospital time

It would change gameplay a lot but it wouldn't be a tricky task to acheive is what i ment. The issue with the items to reduce hospital times is easy, simply edit the item use file.

exactly what i've done...

the hospital countdown is now working 100% on my game, there were a few bugs as i forgot a few places that sent members to hospital...

It would change gameplay a lot but it wouldn't be a tricky task to acheive is what i ment. The issue with the items to reduce hospital times is easy, simply edit the item use file.

i agree its not tricky for someone who has some knowledge of coding, but for noobs who don't really understand what each bit of code does its not so easy...

hardest bit was actually modifying the javascript to actuall countdown using unix_timestamps as most countdown scripts countdown to a specific date in the future