MakeWebGames

[mccode v2] Weather Gym [$1.00]

BlueDevil23

This mod takes the gym script to a whole other level

This gym will take a real-time updated RSS feed, and change your gyms equations depending on the weather, in the city the user is in(the weather actually comes from a city you pick(zipcode). If its sunny in City 1, the user may get more strength than usual, if its cloudy in City 2, the user may get less agility than usual. Easily customizable, and well coded.

Your purchase will include; wegym.php, wegym.config.php, and WeatherGymInstructions.txt and support.

This mod can be tested at http://convictsunleashed.com/demo (thanks to Killah)

*Also, no need to sign up, or even sign in to the test game, just go to the link, and you will be logged into the demo account, simply click, "Weather Gym" on the main menu, and your there :)

Send payments to [email protected] through PayPal

Package will be sent to the email on the paypal address, unless specified otherwise...

It's 4:45 AM right now.. lol, any questions, and more information, will be added tomorrow, since I know some people wont fully understand it... :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [mccode v2] Weather Gym [$1.00]

You don't have to exactly tell the user the equations are updated through weather, because they will never know so. The only way they will be able to tell, is your telling them, that the gains are different all the time, in different cities, and them trying to figure out which stat is giving more out at that time.

P.S. Don't let the price fool ya ;)

Also, if you would like your players to figure out easier what the gains are

You could echo out the code at the moment, and post a chart somewhere(the chart is included in wegym.config.php) showing which codes, give more or less of each stat :)

After installing this gym and going through the codes. I have to say this is a great mod and it works great and its fun setting the zip codes and its very well coded too.

I Highly Recommend This Gym Over Any Regular Gym

+1 For The Awesome Gym Blue

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

Anyone that has purchased this, has been sent the first update through email (or IM, if I caught you through there), and any one that bought it after the update, has the fully updated script :)

Update 1:

A small request from a buyer, to be able to show the user's stat ranks. I thought it would be a worthy enough of a modification to send out as an update. Of course this is optional, if you like this the way it is already, or don't wont the user's stat ranks box there. This can be turned off and on, in the config file. :)

Update 2 is out, and anyone that has purchased this mod, has received the updated files through email.

Update 2:

A complete recode of monorail.php, and an added link next to the list of cities, that allows you to click it, and see the current weather(and weather code, so your players can try and figure out which codes, give better or worse stats), all through an XHR call (AJAX). Once your players keep using the gym, and figure out most of the weather code's advantages and disadvantages, this update will be very useful to the players, to see which city they want to go to, and train in. Now, you could use this opportunity to raise the ticket prices to go from city to city, and this could be a good way to get some money out of the game. But, it's all your choice, do with it, as you will :)

EDIT: Maybe we can even get Killah to update the demo site, with the latest update, so you can see it in action :P

i have to say this BlueDevil23 is one of those rare people in the world who will go that extra mile for you :)

Not only has he updated this VERY cheap script but also spent time helping me understand and learn how to secure my games...

a great chap and can't recommend highly enough to buy this from him...

oh not to mention this is a unique idea and brings a great twist to the training :)