MakeWebGames

Shops

MyGunWars

Re: Shops

Hmmm I don't think that you have edited this very well.

I think you should take the shops.php file and put it in again.

Someone more skilled than me can edit it for you lol

I could kinda see how to but wont waste your time 8-)

here :

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

I Need Help Making A File That You Can Go To The Shops And See All The Shops And Go In To The Shops And Buy Items. And It Dose Not Matter What Your Location Is.

This Is Where I Got:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

And in English?

Does this mean you want users to be able to access all shops no matter the location?

Wtf lol?

LOL!!! Why sprintf it ? lol here are some.

I Need Help Making A File That You Can Go To The Shops And See All The Shops And Go In To The Shops And Buy Items. And It Dose Not Matter What Your Location Is.

This Is Where I Got:

And in English?

Does this mean you want users to be able to access all shops no matter the location?

I believe so.

there is a better way, why not just make all the shop located at the one location and delete all the other cities

then again the idea of the game is to give people something to look forward to, if you make all the shop open then the members have nothing to look forward to.

there is a better way, why not just make all the shop located at the one location and delete all the other cities

then again the idea of the game is to give people something to look forward to, if you make all the shop open then the members have nothing to look forward to.

I agree completely.

People need something to work towards

This Is Where I Got:

And in English?

I believe so.

Yes That What I Need Help With.

• 7 years later...

Yeah, I'm searching for something kinda like this. I want a few shops to be located in all cities, and the rest be city specific (standardized version). Not sure if that is possible though? Might be able to get away with a simple staff_shops edit for a check mark for all cities and a sql update??

[uSER=70347]NonStopCoding[/uSER] [uSER=69001]Zettieee[/uSER] [uSER=68711]KyleMassacre[/uSER] [uSER=65371]sniko[/uSER] [uSER=65530]Coly010[/uSER] [uSER=67703]adamhull[/uSER]

Ok, you guys are kinda smart. There has to be a way to select multiple cities. By changing the select to multiselect, editting the shopLOCATION column to accept an array of options. & edit the one line in shops.php that says if shopLOCATION = ir[location] to be able to pull an array not single location. If you have seen my tables, there ARE a lot of cities. And some I would like standard in ALL cities, and others just in a few cities.

Those three tweaks should be able to solve that issue. If you guys have time...mind taking a look?

There are a couple of ways that I can think of off the top of my head to accomplish what you're looking for.

Option #1 - Create As Many "Location" Columns as you need in the shops table (not recommended)

This option is essentially to create extra location "slots" for your shops so that they can be setup in multiple cities. So shopLOCATION, shopLOCATION2, etc. To get ALL cities, you could have a default value to look for in shopLOCATION that's impossible as a city location (like -5 for example) that would tell you that this shop is meant for ALL cities.

Option #2 - Make shopLOCATION be an array (recommended)

This option is a little trickier, but could be more rewarding in the end.

This will require the following steps:

1. Change the shopLOCATION field to be a "varchar" field in the database.
  2. Update that shopLOCATION field in the database to include every city that you want this shop to be available separated by a comma (so for example - you would have 1,3,5 in your shopLOCATION field if you want cities 1, 3, and 5 to have this shop).
  3. Update the PHP according to this setup with the following:

1. Where you're adding a shop, you will have to allow for as many cities as you want in your options. I'm not 100% sure of the best way to accomplish this, so I'll leave that part up to you to determine how you would prefer your setup to be conducted.
    2. When it comes to seeing which shops are available for that city, the query will look something like this:

Hopefully this will help you get started.

~G7470

• Like 1

This Is Where I Got:

http://makewebgames.io/forum/game-engines/mccode-development-support/free-modifications/27134-player-shops

this is my module for free that does playershops

There are a couple of ways that I can think of off the top of my head to accomplish what you're looking for.

Option #1 - Create As Many "Location" Columns as you need in the shops table (not recommended)

This option is essentially to create extra location "slots" for your shops so that they can be setup in multiple cities. So shopLOCATION, shopLOCATION2, etc. To get ALL cities, you could have a default value to look for in shopLOCATION that's impossible as a city location (like -5 for example) that would tell you that this shop is meant for ALL cities.

Option #2 - Make shopLOCATION be an array (recommended)

This option is a little trickier, but could be more rewarding in the end.

This will require the following steps:

1. Change the shopLOCATION field to be a "varchar" field in the database.
  2. Update that shopLOCATION field in the database to include every city that you want this shop to be available separated by a comma (so for example - you would have 1,3,5 in your shopLOCATION field if you want cities 1, 3, and 5 to have this shop).
  3. Update the PHP according to this setup with the following:

1. Where you're adding a shop, you will have to allow for as many cities as you want in your options. I'm not 100% sure of the best way to accomplish this, so I'll leave that part up to you to determine how you would prefer your setup to be conducted.
    2. When it comes to seeing which shops are available for that city, the query will look something like this:

Hopefully this will help you get started.

~G7470

Is the current query. Which is the same thing right? But all it does is return a list of all shops despite their location. Perhaps an ENUM instead of var?

But then staff_shops needs a multi-select @

And then the verify if empty

AND the insert, might need changed...not sure.