MakeWebGames

LOGH - Legend of the Green Hydra

mdshare

Deathray Games released one of their games under the creative commons license.

It is a very simplistic, one-player, fantasy hack'n'slash browser game which leaves a lot to do with it.

You can easy adopt it to have it build in other game engines, make it multi player whatever as long you follow the creative commons license.

th_deathraygamescom.jpg

Game: http://deathraygames.com/play-online/dr ... index.html

Download: http://deathraygames.com/play-online/dr ... OGH_v1.zip

Deathray the developer of this game will join CE and answer any questions you have regarding the script/game/license.

Re: LOGH - Legend of the Green Hydra

I am actualy enjoying it now. I got passed the stage of dying and i am beating everyone :)

Ugghh now i died..

Rex

XP: 663, HP: -3, MP: 110

NAME: Rex, the fighter

Hit Points = 86 (86)

Mana Points = 58 (58)

XP: 252

SKILLS: (out of 100)

* Physical = 70

* Mental = 40

* Social = 51

Armed with : Death Axe (dmg: 21-44 +4)

Wearing : Golden Platemail (prot: 12)

Bag

food: 10, gold: 30

yea it's a basic script, yet has a lot of potential imo

a bit of working on it , implementing database, user login/register .. would be a start

or heck just implement it in a existing game engine, eg as a replacement of the mccode streets mod

Hi all...

Luke here. I'm happy to answer any questions on modifying the LOGH code here and if you're interested in personal help customizing the script for your particular site, feel free to message me. 8-)

I'm sure you'll find the game a bit difficult, but since it's so limited I didn't want it to be so easy to play through. You'll find that randomly finding the right piece of armor or a nice weapon will give you a nice advantage.

The reason your gold goes negative is that I needed a way to let the player use the inn, even when poor. Essentially you owe money to the inn keeper.

The reason your gold goes negative is that I needed a way to let the player use the inn, even when poor. Essentially you owe money to the inn keeper.

Perhaps if they will go into negatives, say "you didn't have enough money but the innkeeper let you stay anyways".

Obviously not that exact wording as it sucks, but then you could just set their money to 0.

So as long as they have $1, they could be let in.

The only problem with letting the player stay at the inn for free if they're poor is that they could intentionally spend all their money (on food or gear) and thereby avoid the inn charge every time.

However I agree that there must be a better solution than debt.

• 2 months later...

I haven't logged into the game, but this seems like it is actually from the LOGD. Legend of the Green Dragon.

It is a massive community based on the original game called Legond of the Red Dragon.

i have the same game enigine with a lot of mods in it. I have changed the name of it, as everyone that is using this engine has. The name of mine is Legend of the Lost Souls and you can check it out at http://www.legendoflostsouls.com

I am sure you will prolly see the similarities.

Yeah i had noticed that. Altho if i do ever use this i would probly reply with No Beggars! lol

but in doing that you would only have a bunch of dead players LOL :evil:

• 4 months later...

I don't see really where is the problem of using JS (for everything). This makes the game fast, as you don't need to reload, and spare a lot of server resources. Now, is it persistent? No I don't think so, but it's just because it hasn't been so coded. As you could from time to time inform the server of how the thing is going.

I understand that it will be fast, but in the demo posted i was able to beat the game with simple cheat.

If this game were to be developed any further that the JavaScript should only be used for sending requests to the server, then get PHP (or something similar) to do the rest.

I would say, that in most web games there is some ways or others to cheat. For example, if even in my own game, there is some ways to transport yourself from one location to the other, now this can be prevented for most cases but not all. That has nothing to do with Javascript or not. Now Javascript does add some more problems as with a simple javascript debugger you could actually change completely your stats or always win. Against that I don't have a real solution, beside monitoring players and see who is gaining too much exp, money or whatever else.

However think, that even in full blown games like WoW, you can cheat in the same way, with a debugger and send some odd commands to the server. Now WoW do have a strong politic against those things, and do monitor which soft is running in parallel of their game. But nothing is fully safe, for example, if you run WoW in a virtual machine, there is no way for the game to detect it, and yet report it to the admins.

We had major issues with people using the Cheat Engine to debug and alter values on the clien/server games I was part of the team.

Most common one is called a speed hack, where they literally move at lightning speed. Even a lvl 1 could kill a lvl 50 monster.

There has never been a method to prevent it on those games, all we could do is watch the maps and players (you can notice it pretty good who uses such a hack)