MakeWebGames

*special* McCodes v3 BETA Release

CainFool

Hi There.

As soon as I heard that mcCodes has been released, I then tried it, It wasn't very good. Then v2 came out, quite good, but I wanted to continue.

I have created my own unofficial mcCodes v3, I like to call it mcCodes 2.9.

I have done alot of updates, and I wanted to share with you, mcCodes 2.9.

All you need to do, is PM me :-

Subject: mcCode Code v2.9

Message Details:

Why you want a code:

Will you share the code with others:

Your e-Mail:

I will approve or disapprove, if I approve, I will mail you back with your code you must enter at:

http://ultimatecity.co.uk/mc_codes_v3 - You type in your code there.

You will then receive a download like for mcCodes v3. Easy!

Of course there is alot of bugs in this with the pages, but I am working my butt off fixing them ;)

-- Cain

Re: *special* McCodes v3 BETA Release

Copyright laws are clear, if you pick somebody work and modify it, the modified version still belong mainly to the first copyright owner and have an added copyright for your modified part. Now you still cannot distribute it, unless you do purchase a copy for each modified version you distribute it (for free or not) or come to an agreement with the original author. Copyrighted works (which are ALL works BTW) do hold the copyright for 200 years in most countries (if I'm right).

So doing a 2.9 version out of a 2.0 version written by somebody else is not a problem as long as you own a license for yourself, but you do not have the right to re-distribute it.

uhmmm till 30 years after death of author for Europe

so popey (cartoon) is for Europe public domain now, while US is 70 year if I recall correct after death of author (copyright).

Was in the news a few days ago.

But A Bertrand is correct, you would need for each version of your modified mccode a license bought/obtained from dabs/coldblooded.

Computer programs/scripts are normally to be regarded as literary works and as such have protection. Just calling it "unofficial" is not enough to make a derivative work legal (assuming your new engine is based on V2). Protection of literary works in Berne convention countries (most countries) is to be at LEAST life plus 50 years.

In the US and any member of the European Union, it is life plus 70 years.

The evidence that this is a derivative work here sort-of comes from the admission that this is "Version 2.9" of the MC codes. Normally you need to show that it uses a substantial amount of the protected work. If you re-coded everything then sure you wouldn't be in trouble. It would be for a court to decide whether you had used a substantial amount.

But what evidence would there be to say "this is mccodes"? If someone has over time recoded every page then who's to say the game is mccodes..

What dumbass would be using mc code as their game code if they built their own?

it was an example

• 3 weeks later...

Its about time all these free hosts put a stop to all these games run by children. Its these children that go around spamming other games and in general making a bad impression to all RPG games by idiots that reset there game every week or otherwise open a game and close it after 1 week because they have made no money. Then to top it off you have mass children in here making bullshit code thats not worth a light. You notice how I say children alot. Well its simple and a fact that its always kids and its about time the people here stopped helping such people with there coding issues. In the long run would create a better community for us all. As for the children. Grow UP and then come back when you have learned how to run a website / business!

2 Thing's.

ILLEGAL!

And:

Coldblooded is half owner of mccode's to. So and i heard that mccode's v3 will be out very soon and guess what? It's going to be copyrighed. So if you going to giving that piece of shit code out. Just watch out ey.

What kyle? No credit for introducing you to the man? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I think its a good idea that he tried to make his own V, he will understand the codes better and it means hes tried something bigger than anyhting else i've seen on here. OK so the codes ae insecure with the same as V1 and V2 but he must of at least tried! theres no point complaining if you haven't tried it yourself.

Im not trying to play good cop bad cop but its good that hes tried and we should respect him on that.

Yes, I would love to see what _Eagle is asking for. I just dont see anyone filing for Copyright on any of these games or code. And if anyone has please speak up. Last time i check, Filing for copyrights was rather high dollar and Dabs and Coldblooded are kids, They got better things to buy with their money that copyrights. lol

Yes, I would love to see what _Eagle is asking for. I just dont see anyone filing for Copyright on any of these games or code. And if anyone has please speak up. Last time i check, Filing for copyrights was rather high dollar and Dabs and Coldblooded are kids, They got better things to buy with their money that copyrights. lol

!.LOL.!