MakeWebGames

[mccode] A better Safer Forum for your members to enjoy

Uridium

Re: [mccode] A better Safer Forum for your members to enjoy

yes adding a line to register would work.

but it would be better to integrate the users table into the forum

yea these forums are way better but would only add them if users wouldnt have to register again :/

way to go on the saying exactly what i said

+ 1

• 4 weeks later...

I found a forum that is supposed to be easily integratable to work with any database. Here is a link, it's completely free.

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Integratable. You might already have a website, and it might already have a good database of users. Orca is remarkably easy to integrate with your existing user database. You just add it to your site, and it accepts existing members with their photos and passwords.

Maybe I'm just completely stupid but I can't figure it out. I checked their website for instructions but found nothing. People have asked how to do it on the site but nobody replies. What I have found so far is /xml/orca.php is the integration file... I think.

If anyone wants to see if they can figure it out I would appreciate it. I'll keep trying...

I have been searching around trying to find out, how i can link my game database with the forum database.

I asked on their forums and i got this reply:

You can probably just copy all the members from your database to the smf_members table. If you are using standard encryption such as md5 it should be able to import them ok.

Disable registration on the forum and add a entry to the smf_members table whenever someone signs up on your game.

If anyone can figure out how to do this, Please can you let me know.