MakeWebGames

Just a heads up to all game owners!

jay-dogg2006

ok guy as ive seen on this forum most games are tying to be like torn city i suggest if i was you to chnage anything that remotly look similar to torn city as torn city is going thought games and shuting them down for copyright theft. so this is just a little warning to those who wants there web site to look like torn city :)

Guest Anonymous

Re: Just a heads up to all game owners!

Depends if your stupid enough to steal there images, though i don't see how html can be copyrighted, since its open source.

the issues we are all faces with now is

auction market

Chaining

gang armoury

joinable organised crimes

mulitiple profile pics

stuff like this has been built and sold or given away as free modifications on here where do we stand with these really??

its a now win situation really with torncity most games have these.

I wouldnt worry about Chedburn. He stole the idea for TC from Hobo Wars, thats why he was let go as staff, and banned forever. I agree, images shouldnt be used in your site. But do you really feel that he can corner the gaming market on gangs, attack, auctions, etc those are in most games, and if someone has not done it by now, then it wont happen.

lol did I mention I'm selling a "rewrite" of something that is similiar but not the same as Torn Cities new organized gang crimes?

None of their images are used, none of their html is used, I've never even done their organized crimes. All I know is someone explained to me kinda sorta how it works and I made something that's better and 100% secure.

mail me if you wanna buy it lol

[me=Floydian]sticks finger in cheds face[/me]

true very true really he cant just take out all he will have no chance as long as images are use he has no real case agaist any one how old is this chedburn any ways last tie i check profile it said 40 now it was 20 and from the uk? lol something serously wrong there lol

Let me say now Im sorry if I sound rude or an asshole towards some here.

TC can kiss my white ass on copyrights.

now that, that is out of the way. lets explain a bit what he could come after and shut down sites for.

Exact layout setup to look like there site if not published prior to them filing copyright could miss lead a new user in thinking it is there script then yes he can come after and file a formal DMCA to your host and data center provider to shut down or change it.

Taking images, and or css, dhtml, html, and other items directly from there site and placing into your own is against copyright.

Simply put make it yourself and be unique. if you dont take anything material wise you are fine far as copyrights go.

Keep in mind everything stated above.

What does copyright protect?

Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "What Works Are Protected."

How is a copyright different from a patent or a trademark?

Copyright protects original works of authorship, while a patent protects inventions or discoveries. Ideas and discoveries are not protected by the copyright law, although the way in which they are expressed may be. A trademark protects words, phrases, symbols, or designs identifying the source of the goods or services of one party and distinguishing them from those of others.

What is a Trademark?

# A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design, or a combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others.

Trademarking

goes to normally name of a company and its use

Example if I made a site torncityrevamp.com well torncity is more then likely trademarked (least they should have it)

Now if I make a game site with the trademark in it then I am breaking trade mark rules. However If I make a fan site about there site 9-10 times they will not bother you.

TJ

lol did I mention I'm selling a "rewrite" of something that is similiar but not the same as Torn Cities new organized gang crimes?

None of their images are used, none of their html is used, I've never even done their organized crimes. All I know is someone explained to me kinda sorta how it works and I made something that's better and 100% secure.

mail me if you wanna buy it lol

[me=Floydian]sticks finger in cheds face[/me]

Im gonna say thats the script i paid you to make :lol:

*Very good script by the way, recommend it*

lol to be honest yes torncity is very ugly not creative i used to play i dont really now as i get very bored of it. i personally thin any one who wnats there game looking like torncity is stupid. yes some of there mods are good but theres not a lot so use your own creative mind and your site will be unique. the only thing torncity really has is the users but if you think about all the users possible out there there a billions out there the most unique your game is the more users you will get.

Im gonna say thats the script i paid you to make :lol:

*Very good script by the way, recommend it*

Thanks for the recommendation. In the interest of full disclosure, a price was offered for full exclusivity (which means I wouldn't resell) and a seperate offer for full exclusivity and resell rights.

Both were declined ;)

I just didn't want anyone to think there was shady business going on here. ;)

I indirectly stole items from TC I ll admit it to it

I simply searched for images on google and copied it turns out TC are using them too

And I can proudly say I use a lot of the suggestions made in TC which are never used and I am proud to say it

That is all they could put on me really

Oh and yes I have a lot of unique stuff mixed with stuff from here

I dont even buy mods I code the mods from on my site simply because why should I pay for it

And now im just babbling on

TC = aint shutting down any games only games they are shutting down = the ones on free servers because the owners of the servers dont want any problem and they dont nkow anythign about mccodes those that have their own servers = happy and nothing = happining to them

The users on TC are all 'congratulating' and praising Chedburn for shutting down a supposedly TC Copycat game.

Unless Chedburn has copyright on his images, which, I believe, most can be found on Google, most games will be fine and he can't do anything to it. ;) But as clearly stated by Extermination:

Who cares! lmao

Woops. I left out a bit in that sentence. :-P

I meant to say: Chedburn claims he has copyright on images, but the images he uses can probably be found on Google, so therefore not copyrighted to him or TC....if that makes sense.

I'm tired after a long day at school. That's my excuse. :-P