MakeWebGames

Has Chedburn of TC gone nuts?

jds137

I took over a game called www.mobslife.net I put alot of long hours, and work into it to make it a decent game. I start reading the forums in TC and see this crap... Is he nuts, I plan on trying to make my game popular, does that mean if I succeed I will lose it. Also do you think he really can do anything against MC codes, or is he just messing with peoples minds? How do you feel about it? I know what he wants to do is not possible, he cant copyright the basics in a game, like crimes, fighting, markets etc...

Chedburn

[Offline] [Male] [staff member]

TC was certainly not based from MCcodes. For starters TC has been around since around 2002 in beta testing and in design stages since 2001, secondly any website can randomly change their copyright year, to 1882 if they wanted to, it wouldn't mean anything. I didn't hear of mono-country since about 2 years ago.

The main issues are people stealing our game play ideas and game designs, things which took us months to think up, to the last detail and hundreds of hours of work. It is annoying when a website can simply steal the idea and type it up in a matter of minutes.

And yes, MCcodes does breach copyright in many ways, and if any of the games spawned from it get large enough to cause us any trouble, we can and will shut it down. MCcodes came from mono-country which is a play on the name torn city. Obviously the creators had no creative skills, so stole ours.

Edited by: Chedburn on 27/08/08 at 2:00:14 PM

Re: Has Chedburn of TC gone nuts?

I replied with this:

If you have issues with MC codes, then are you taking them to court? They make $300 off their codes, and are releasing MC3 in the future?

Realistically how can you sue games that dont use your images, also if you are on a power trip and are worried about stealing of codes, then why not encrypt them. I am sure with all you make here, you can afford that. As far as suing games, have fun, it is gong to be a long uphill battle. So many legal areas of the internet, have not even been researched yet. And why are you worried about it anyway, I remember when you were a player in Hobo Wars, back then when you made this people called it a HW clone. Not all games you sue will lose remember that. Some games actually have adults running them, not kids. Damn you remind me of the record companies lets sue a 11 yr old kid for having a game somewhat resembling TC.

Remember when they found a kid who shared 1 song, and got her for over 750K... 8-) :lol: :x :-P :oops: :cry: :evil:

Are are some many people always talking about "chedburn". I have never played TC and never will. If he used to play "hobo wars" before TC came about how can he claim the original idea was his :?.

I have not posted anything about "chedburn" before but i have truthly had enough hearing about this guy so many times on so many bored's allways moaning about him just forget him and get on with things!

Your reply was lame and I can see where he's coming from with people copying everything they make (poorly), but I doubt he'll try and/or be able to shut them down. Think of things yourself that aren't copy pasta with words changed. Maybe you'd be a bit more credible

Also, what the hell would encrypting his source do?