MakeWebGames

User Settings [mod]

bluegman991

Now about the signature mod I take no credit for it it is on_fire's mod in this thread

after u have installed the account.php page all u have to do is

run sql query

[mysql]ALTER TABLE users ADD `profsignature` text NOT NULL;[/mysql]

then add this into your profile werever u want it in viewuser.php (preferably close to the end of the page where its noticable) (NOTE: you may have to add a { and/or a } depending on where you put the code at)

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Refer to next post about enabling bbcode and disabling html

now if you want bbcode to be enabled and html to be disabled do the following in viewuser.php

find <?php and after it add

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

then find

and below add

next find

and after it add

if you do not want the profile signature on their in account.php simply

find and delete

then find and delete

hope u guys like it :thumbsup:

well this looks like a nice mod...

i copied the new code you put there and still same thing..a blank white page...

I dont know..ill check back tomorrow and see if anyone else has the same problem i have...

it might just be something i did wrong...

very nice work on this though...a nice mod indeed :)

later

EDIT*

hmm for some reason my online game doesnt tell me where the errors occurred ,which is stupid, but i put it in my offline server and it tells me theres a parse error on line 90

well i guess it is the version of php im using...

i deleted the line of code and it works fine :)

nice work...

EDIT**

hmm...well i added a table to make it so its lined up...but when i submit it gives me an error...

heres the error:

Not Found

The requested URL /account was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I copied the original code back there and i get the same error when i submit the data...

ok well i used the mod with the table added and all looks good but when i submit i get a SQL error.....i checked to make sure i have all entries in my users table and i do...

this is the version of php and SQL i have..

PHP Version: 5.2.6

MySQL Version: 5.0.81-community

am i out of date ?...lol

this is the sql error i get :

QUERY ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' WHERE userid=1' at line 1

Query was UPDATE users SET username='ADMIN', display_pic='', forums_avatar='', forums_signature='', email='[email protected]', login_name='admin', profsignature=' WHERE userid=1

• 2 weeks later...
$db->query("UPDATE users SET username='{$_POST['newname']}', display_pic='{$_POST['newpic']}', forums_avatar='{$_POST['forums_avatar']}', forums_signature='{$_POST['forums_signature']

also may wanna research such things on php.net

MRES()

addslashes()

stripslashes()

and so on maybe ctype_alnum()

when changes strings with ereg_replace i suggest changing to preg_replace due to the new php...

This function has been

DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0 and REMOVED

as of PHP 6.0.0. Relying on this feature is highly discouraged.

Sorry Zero but your suggestion is by NO WAY more secure.

To all: any string saved in the DB MUST be correctly quoted, and the automatic slashing of PHP will be by default disabled in future version and is already disabled on many websites. So, relying on this is not an option. The solution is to use mysql_real_escape for all the strings, and for number either use a sprintf with a %d or force the unknown type to a number with something like ($_POST["myval"]+0) which will returns either a 0 if it's some sort of string or the number.

For this query this would be a real solution:

I don't continue as you can understand from this how it should go on :rolleyes:

Your kidding right?

I said research i did not do it for them as you did, this is a learning forum your not supposed to give them the solution but make them figure it out for themselves which is how i taught myself.

You are obviously a "programmer" as your a admin on here but don't get me wrong the admin is never always right, atleast when nyna was a admin she never just give the solution away...

Notice when reading over my post i never once said it was secure... i GAVE advise rather than showing people a easy solution and trust me im not the only one who would agree your MC codes version of a SQL entery is OLD.

my version is like that for a reason for example if i was to...

compared to my version...

a little FYI for the Admin Programmer it's mysql_real_escape_string not mysql_real_escape

EDITED due to typo noticed by Kyle, also due to something pointed out to me i would suggest not using addslashes or stripslashes with MRES.

@ a_bertrand: Your using mysql_escape_string which is deprecated. Thus mysql_real_escape_string will be better.

You do know that the function "stripslash" does not exist right? Supposed to be "stripslashes" :whistling:

This is how i would do what you guy's are doing.

As mres play's a counter part with addslashes and stripslashes