MakeWebGames

Game Advertising - breakdown -

mdshare

I've done test spends on several ad networks, so here is the breakdown. Hopefully this will help some gameowners to decide what would suit for their game.

Results

* ApexGamingAds

- bonus 20% first deposit

- clickfraud 1% (acceptable)

- impressions low

- singup conversion rate: High

Note: One month RON campaigns cost is close to $100

* AdToll

- bonus None

- clickfraud 0%

- impressions Very High

- singup conversion rate: medium

Note: RON ad campaign , $50 ,category online communities and gaming lasts 1 month with millions of impressions.

* ReachAds

- bonus None

- clickfraud 2%

- impressions [blow[/b]

- singup conversion rate: low

Note: very basic adsite, same engine as advertiseyourgame which explains the clickfraud. Low budget $25/month for a ad campaign.

* AdvertiseYourGame

- bonus 20% first deposit

- clickfraud +5%

- impressions low

- singup conversion rate: medium

Note: after contacting the owner about the clickfraud, got a nasty mail back with forged logs so I asked a full refund through paypal.

* Ad2games

- bonus 25 euro (around $35) no deposit required

- clickfraud 0%

- impressions high

- singup conversion rate: high

Note: high budget needed to use them 75 euro deposit is gone in a few hours.

* Game-Advertsing-Online

- bonus None

- clickfraud 0%

- impressions high

- singup conversion rate: high

Note: extreme high budget needed, euro 250 deposit vanished within 3 hours, same engine as apexgamingads

* pbbgads

- bonus None

- clickfraud 0%

- impressions low

Note: You have to ad how many clicks/day else the ad will not be published even after selecting it as campaign

* advertbox

- bonus 10k Free Impressions

- clickfraud - didn't check yet -

- impressions medium

Note: Cheaper to buy advertising through their rate card at AdToll than on their site $9/12 weeks

No compiled stats yet for

* cpmstar

min campaign deposit $1000 lasts 5 days possible for lower

Excluded ad sites that only have flash game sites as publishers.

md

Re: Game Advertising - breakdown -

As a representative of AdvertiseYourGame.com I feel obligated to post the following. With any luck this will be my only post as we have no desire to stoop to mdshare's level and engage in his typical trolling.

There is no click fraud on our network. Any and all reports of such click fraud on our publishers is investigated. Such activities serve no purpose but to destroy an advertising network and are the actions of the foolish. No logs were faked and mdshare was emailed the Accurate records of all 1067 clicks he received and the 3 clicks which were mis-billed were acknowledged (.02% not 5%). In addition, due to his dissatisfaction, fictitious or otherwise, we did not hesitate to issue him a full refund.

In addition he claims we issued a nasty email. Hardly. Below is that email for reference. And for the record, this was not the first time we've researched and responded to his claims.

"We at AdvertiseYourGame.com run a clean operation. Attached is the log of the 1067 clicks for which you were charged. You will note from our logs, which are real and 100% accurate, that only 3 clicks or .3% (9 cents) of your clicks were invalid per the 24 hours. One of which was already credited to you. While we continue to hunt down this very tiny abnormality, we do not have time to research your complaints every other week. If you wish to continue witch hunting, I suggest you do so with another network. I am sure there are plenty of much smaller ad networks that would love to have your $20 in revenue but we simply do not have the time for such antics. Thank you and have a good day."

You are free to judge for yourselves, but our company will not just sit back and let such lies be spread without a response. Conversion ratios, publisher traffic, and click-through IPs are monitored and <censored>yzed regularly to ensure the best performance for all sites, advertiser and publisher, on our network. There are a very large number of advertisers and publishers who are happy with our network and use us regularly.

UCC I prefer to believe nyna logs instead of yours and your site is full of clickfraud as you know.

And hey test spends don't have to be much at all.

Even the logs you send have UNKNOWN IPs guess you need to learn to fetch IPs better.

You know very good that there is way more than 3 fraudulent clicks and that several of your publishers abuse it. 10-15 clicks a day *cough*

If you would do anything against clickfraud then you might have seen serious spends.

lets say $4 clickfraud a month (not much) , nyna's time to produce the logs, my time to disect the logs it's bit more than $4/ month on yearly base it's easy a few $100s thrown away.

Learning to read raw access logs + learning how to use excell might help

The suggested sollution I've send you would bring clickfraud down also , locking publishers to click ads on their site(s)

It's about clickfraud nothing else, other ad networks where there is a bit to much clickfraud have also been contacted yet they never made such a fuss nor lies.

Yet they agreed that there is clickfraud and that they look to improve their system.

This post was a breakdown of own experience.

One I didn't ad is pbbgads.com , no clicks/no impressions at all.

pbbgads.com

seems to be my mistake

After selecting a RON (Run On Network) you have to say also how many clicks you want max/day. My mistake was by not filling it in tha, my thought was that it would be unlimited.

Results are very low, $10 test spend will most likely last for like 2 months.

UCC, Please explain why we as game owners should use your service not others?

From Mdshares results I know which I would choose...

In my mind figures and facts do speak louder that words.

Look forward to hearing your response.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

sorry to bump such an old thread but it's a very good one and would be great to update and share experiences :)

You're saying "Excluded ad sites that only have flash game sites as publishers." but I see ad2games listed and there is (perhaps has it changed?) 95% flash games websites in their publisher list (with bad traffic for browser games so far due to my test even if those are a few clicks for now).

Does it mean advertising spots could change from good to bad in just a few months or perhaps have you promoted a website doing good with flash games traffic anyway (as you state ad2games traffic is good)?

I can't say much more about other systems yet, don't want to post without sufficient hits :)