MakeWebGames

Firefox 3

Danny

Re: Firefox 3

Opera is good, but nothing beats Firefox from a developer's stand point. FireBug, a Firefox extension, is invaluable for development.

As far as general browsing, IE7, Opera, and Firefox are all good browsers. And any web developer worth their salt should be making their web apps compatible with all three of those at least.

Firefox 3 specifically is pretty nice. The only qualm I have about it is if you installed one of the betas for Firefox 3, and then went back to Firefox 2, you probably will lost some of your profile when you upgrade to Firefox 3. I had to do some copying, deleting, and renaming of files in order to get back most of my profile.

Guest Anonymous

Am really liking Opera, loads pages fast easy to use. Though firefox 3 is better then FF2, but i lost all my bookmarks which was a bugger.

IE8 is even crappier then IE7 :P then again it is in beta.

Opera is good, but nothing beats Firefox from a developer's stand point. FireBug, a Firefox extension, is invaluable for development.

Opera Dragonfly is a new release of Opera, for web developers.

It contains allot of vital debugging tools, I wouldn't be surprised if better than firebug.

http://operawatch.com/news/2008/02/what ... ment-73057

Anyways, every application has it's perks, as well as their own fans.

• 4 weeks later...

Altough when using Firefox you'll usually see some common errors whereas Opera just isn't what everyone is used to, Literally everywhere (including Google) you'll see they are highly recommending people to use Firefox which increases people to use services which are recommended from a popular brand i.e. Google. Since Google is partially partnered with Mozilla I'd see why they want to promote it, Google wants the biggest of the every industry so they can dominate the internet.

Regardless, Firefox is good but has quite a few bugs which are getting pretty nasty but it's not that bad to US since UK gets literally the slowest internet ever.