MakeWebGames

[mccode v2] Email Activation

nanolimit

Wroting this for my V2 game ages ago, as I no longer host the game I figured I'd post it as I saw it as a request.

should work with V1 with very little (if any) modification

mysql:

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Create page activate.php

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Create page rfunctions.php

edit register.php

find

ABOVE edit the the query.

after

add

below the insert add:

in authenticate.php add

That should be everything, enjoy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Email Activation

That made no sense to me at all after you said what php files to make i could not understand what you was telling us to do dosent make any sense to me thanks mate if you could clear this up for us would be great ty

I was confused as well. Would you explain a little bit more please.

It is easily explained, what do you not understand, your not fit to run a game if you cannot install a simple script laid out to you with instructions!

thats what we all stuck on here lol i dont ake sense mate as for you who posted 2 up from this what you onbout i can code just im letting him know he is not explaining it write to say people who are learning and who said i ran a game? not me so get ya facts right before you move your lips

All this talk about not being fit to run a game. I dont see anything wrong with asking questions, espically when you are confused. I was confused here:

find

Code:

$i=$db->insert_id();

$db->query("INSERT INTO userstats VALUES($i, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10)");

Instead of wasting breath saying negative things, how ask what we were confused about? When you were in school did your teacher call you names, tell you that you are unfit? No way that would occur. Have a little patience, I am sure you were not always a great coder, and at some point you asked questions.

Hahaha

jds137 - I had the deputy headmaster the other day tell me that (in a nice way) that "I am sh*t at school, i have no chance of doing the IB and if i want to go to university, well i have no chance"

So to prove you wrong there, i am no where near the most unintelligent being in my grade but i have no support and teachers will say that to you!

westy - May you please spell just a little better as i had trouble reading your last post!

All i said was that the script is posted with simple instructions that are easy to follow and if you are using this script which is made for MCcode V2 i get the IMPRESSION that you are coding or running a game, either way they are very similar, if you are not using the script then i dont understand why you would be asking for help on how to install the script! That is all :-)

Have a nice day!

i too am stuck here :

find

Code:

$i=$db->insert_id();

:?

It means find this in REGISTER.PHP

and then edit the query above it which is this query

So in that query you find

and add this after it

Make sense???

radio_active i am fit to run a game i understand php well but his grammar was poor maybe you have poor grammar e.g. :

edit register.php

find

Code:

$i=$db->insert_id();

after

Code:

'{$_POST['email']}', 0, '$IP', '$IP',

that don't make sense it tells you find something then it says

this has been said from no where which has left me confused wtf has this got to do with the step of installation. he could have said find the query above lets call that line X which clarifies things a lot more i think

It makes perfect sense though, yes it could have been explained a little better but you have to work with what your given!

If you understand PHP you will find that very easy to understand, its clearly saying that!

You find this in register

And just Above that, you edit the query!

So really it makes sense you just didnt understnad which is okay, all about learning, but i think you now have the drift of what he meant after i explained yes no? :-)

i understand but i have learnt proper grammar in schools for nearly my whole life and he explained it bad not because its hard to understand because he made what he said longer and confused people i am saying this for benefit of others and as you others got confused not because there lack of coding knowledge but due to poor explanation.

i get the way he says it but i get an error

firstly:

if ($mem['activated'] == 0)

should be:

if you cant spot that, then get your eyes checked

but in register.php

i get the query error

that random_string doent exist... eny help?

i think thats how people are getting a problem

sorry about the lack of reply, my instructions where fine l2engrish ;) its not like im charging you for it like the other validation mods.

anyway!

random_string isn't being found because you either:

didn't include rfuctions

didn't create rfunctions

didn't do either of the above

edit: and thanks radio_active for clearing it up, as was said if you couldn't understand what I was getting at then this mod isn't for you. I didn't post it as an educational for people to learn off.