MakeWebGames

The Point of Crime XP?

Mark F

What exactly is the point of crime XP? Does it help you to gain a level in the game?

I wish to learn more about it so that I will know what values to use for my game.

Can I please have some suggestions for crime XP in the following?

Search For Money

....................................Crime 1

....................................Crime 2

....................................Crime 3

Sell Copied Media

Shoplift From A Store

Pickpocket Someone

Steal From A House

Burn Down A House

Assassinate Target

Grand Theft Auto

Kidnap A Target

Re: The Point of Crime XP?

haha, mccodes is good to start you of, It learnt me many things, I didnt no nothing about PHP untill i messed around with Mccodes and then i was getting better and better each day, And its best to read books and websites they are helpful as well! :)

I'm sorry to say but mccodes isn't a good way to learn coding php, unless you want to learn bad coding technique.

mccodes is riddled with horrible coding conventions.

Add to that the fact that mccodes is very insecure and it's easy to imagine someone learning off of mccodes learning to code insecure code as well.

But with that said, I do realize that some people have learned that way, and that's fine.

PHP is very easy to learn, and by no means does mccodes make it any easier to learn it.

What is the reason for the crimes.......

And YOU OWN a game......

Look kid stop downloading codes and placing on free server.

Dont deney it No one will dump $75+ into codes and have NO clue what the hell they just bought.

For your information I invested $300 in a copy of MC-Codes 2, and it is not hosted on a sub domain. If you could actually afford the code then you would know that it is full of bugs, and does not come with an instruction manual. So the only way to find out how the script works is to go through the 50+ files. The only reason I asked for help is because it would save me a lot of time if someone could explain the system. And for your information my game now has 900+ players, which is pretty good considering it has only been running for 4 months! Tell me now... What was your game called again? What's that... you have no game? Maybe when you make a game to the quality of Torn City I will listen to what you have to say.

Dont deney it No one will dump $75+ into codes and have NO clue what the hell they just bought.

Why not? I bought mc code 2 years ago without knowing what to do with it or where i was going to take it.

Now I'm possibly one of the better coders on here, not the best by far, but high in the skill ranking in these forums.

$75 to learn what i have - Bargain!

I will agree with you there, I have already learnt a lot about PHP and MySQL just by modifying the script and fixing its bugs.

agreed. mccodes is not a good way to learn...Its a way to get an Idea..but not learn...If you learn from it you will learn the Wrong way to do it...Im not bashing anyone I'm glad for everyone wanting to learn :-D

What's with the mood change? I ask for some help with the script and you accuse me of having an illegal copy. Maybe you should mind your own business, and stop looking for trouble. If people do not want to help, that is fine. Though please do not give me your attitude problems. And for your information I learnt to code the old fashioned way, from the books. I just don't know everything about Crime XP yet, and still need to go through half of the files.

• 1 year later...