MakeWebGames

Crons stoped working.

Ragnar

Re: Crons stoped working.

er...they work, then stop working, then work...

June 3: Stopped at about 8:30 PM.

June 4: Noon PST they started working, then not very long after that, stopped.

June 4: 4:34:00 pm PST, started up again.

June 5, 3:35:00 pm Stoped, then at 4:15:01 PM started up again.

From another forum...

is your game site mc codes based scrip... if so, sombody is playing with you and using sql injections.

Ummm!!!

Contact your web host.

Read da thread before posting!!! (For da lazy ones...I'm on my own dedicated server.)

It's been two days since they didn't work. I changed the file names of the game crons and permission setting of the files. er, so much for the long code in the URL providing protection! :roll: As back-up, if they find the new URLs and can do the sql injections with the new permission settings, I set the crons up on a domain that only I use, and will delete the ones on the game domain. (Before you could run the crons from the browser. Now only the server can run them.)

Some one once said MCcodes security really sucks. And they were right!! Now, if only people knew how to fix the security cracks! Obviously the tiny market/forum codes don't cover it!

Contact your web host.

Read da thread before posting!!! (For da lazy ones...I'm on my own dedicated server.)

It's been two days since they didn't work. I changed the file names of the game crons and permission setting of the files. er, so much for the long code in the URL providing protection! :roll: As back-up, if they find the new URLs and can do the sql injections with the new permission settings, I set the crons up on a domain that only I use, and will delete the ones on the game domain. (Before you could run the crons from the browser. Now only the server can run them.)

Some one once said MCcodes security really sucks. And they were right!! Now, if only people knew how to fix the security cracks! Obviously the tiny market/forum codes don't cover it!

Which side of the bed did you get out?

lol You're the lazy one! Since you wanna throw out a british cuss word, lemme give you an American one back at you.

Your fucking idiot because you think you're crons immune to failing because you're on a dedi. Call your fucking web host.

Feel free to insert "bloody" for each instance of "fucking". :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two words: unix timestamp. Contact MCcodes. They can do that....for a price, depending on how much you want changed, just minute and five minute crons, or every thing.

BTW, the original cause of the crons not working had nothing to do with the server. Some one was doing mySQL injections on them. Changing the file permissions and URL of the cron files fixed it. (For example cron_fivemins666911133790210666.php)

I changed them to Chmod 744, except the day cron. Even if you load the script from the browser, with the required code in the URL, the script doesn't run. Only the server can run the file. (If you do this with the day cron file, you don't get the daily job pay/stats.)

If you have a dedi i would think you would have more knowledge about servers and you will still have a "web host" as such.

As for the crons why not have a table in the datbase with timestamps as to when the last cron was done and if its higher than the current 1 run the cron...

Guest Anonymous

giggle

Why on earth do you need crons anyway? There are plenty of tips in the forums here that will get you on your way to removing them all-together.

unix-timestamps, cron daemons, permissions, lmao

man crontab

man 5 crontab