MakeWebGames

Any one got tips for a new mccode game creator? (v2)

Ragnar

I'm about to start work on my first game, and I'm looking for a few tips, since unlike version 1, version 2 doesn't come with pre-made stuff to use as examples to look at and change.

1. Crime. The default Success % Formula is ((WILL*0.8)/2.5)+(LEVEL/4). Could some one post an example of a just about 100% odds of wining code (For Level 1 newbies.), a say 50% odds of wining formula, and a hard to win crime formula (High level/very nice rewards one.). (Select the 'Don't use smileys.' forum option!) I'm guessing that if they all have the same formula, that getting enough brave will be the only real requirement, that by the time you have enough brave to do a crime, it will be just as easy to win as the one listed above it, since I don't see any BRAVE formula in there.

2. Weapons/Armor. What's the best way to figure out the Weapon Power/Armor Defense so they show a benefit when you first buy them, instead of being close to worthless from doing a lot of training? Any other method than trying to guess how much strength/defense players will have when they get to a new town? Right now I'm looking at something like...

Level 1 town: 10 Weapon Power/Armor Defense

Level 5 town: 5000

Level 10 town: 25000

Level 25 town: 50000

with the numbers based on how much stats players can gain from training and how easy it is to buy the property. Property will be something like...

Name, cost, Will.

Name 10,000 100

Name 50,000 200

Name 100,000 250

Name 200,000 450

Name 500,000 750

Name 1,000,000 1,000

Name 5,000,000 1,200

Name 10,000,000 1,600

Name 25,000,000 2,500

Name 50,000,000 4,500

Name 100,000,000 7,500

Name 250,000,000 12,000

Name 500,000,000 16,500

Name 1,000,000,000 25,000

Name 1,500,000,000 40,000

Name 2,000,000,000 50,000

3. Any economy tips? I don't want a slow as a slug economy where you have just a billion bucks after playing in a year, yet I also don't want to see 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 listings on the market for...a long time!!! Right now I'm thinking of giving 2% bank interest in the first bank, with the Cyber Bank 5%, or maybe 1% and 3%, with a doners only 5% bank.

4. Security for the markets (mySQL exploits). I know about

$_GET['ID'] = abs(@intval($_GET['ID']));

Any other code I should use? I also got my own mod where if a player ends up over XXX money/crystals, you lose them until I look at the account/logs, and I won't be using the included forums.

And if you have any other tips/suggestions, other than ;tldr :-D, let this n00bie know. Is there a n00bie guide some where!! (I'll first spend a while playing the game myself before showing my visitors the game.)

Re: Any one got tips for a new mccode game creator? (v2)

Heres a few tips

-make sure that you make your gym doesn't give too much stats either

- crimes not giving too much money

- setting up a limit for what your banks can hold

-setting banking interest rates

- adding taxes for housing

-be willing to loose money for a while on hosting

-add some mine mods or several other incentives for players to stay active/ become donators (check CE for several free mods)

-try to get another forum running on your site since it helps build community

-be willing to learn

Yep, I know what too much money does!! I've been playing these types of games for about a year and a half, and all the games that have massive inflation, spit out or used to spit out, a lot of daily cash via the banks high interest rate. (I have no idea why 7.5% was made the Cyber Bank default!!) The bank seams to be the biggest cause of mass inflation! Compaired to bank interest, on high inflation games, crime spits out pennies!!!

It's just the admin area, creating stuff that I need tips on, like the crime Success % Formula, Weapon Power/Armor Defence, and any extra security tips, even though it'll be impossible for players to take money/crystals from players who do mySQL exploits.

You might consider making a vault for characters if you set a limit for the banks. This would provide them a safe place to put the money. You might consider making a stock market that they can loose it all in to. What better way to stop inflation but to make them loose money in stocks. Yes this has a chance to backfire but it will stop some. Also should consider setting a personal trainer as the main source of income much similar to the personal trainer in monocountry.

You might consider making a vault for characters if you set a limit for the banks. This would provide them a safe place to put the money. You might consider making a stock market that they can loose it all in to. What better way to stop inflation but to make them loose money in stocks. Yes this has a chance to backfire but it will stop some. Also should consider setting a personal trainer as the main source of income much similar to the personal trainer in monocountry.

The stocks is a bad idea it puts massive inflation into games.

Here are my tips:

- Take off cyber bank.

- Take off the interest on bank's.

- Add the investment bank mod.

- Make hard crimes with low cash.

- Make little will but high priced houses.

- Make your gym $gain according to your house.

- Make your bank account only hold 2,000,000,000 and thats it.

- Make a vault that will cost then 1,000,000,000 and they can store as much money in there as they want.

- Remove all interest on bank's as said befor, thats why you make a investment bank, Make them wait the 7 days for interest.

- Make your game more realistic on the price of items.

That stops massive inflation in my game.

The crime success rate can be changed for each crime...thus making some harder than others

Security is important, don't just check $_GET....also check $_POST, depending if the input is text or numerical will also require a different check. Such as a string, integer, length, etc...

The stocks is a bad idea it puts massive inflation into games.

Here are my tips:

- Take off cyber bank.

- Take off the interest on bank's.

- Add the investment bank mod.

- Make hard crimes with low cash.

- Make little will but high priced houses.

- Make your gym $gain according to your house.

- Make your bank account only hold 2,000,000,000 and thats it.

- Make a vault that will cost then 1,000,000,000 and they can store as much money in there as they want.

- Remove all interest on bank's as said befor, thats why you make a investment bank, Make them wait the 7 days for interest.

- Make your game more realistic on the price of items.

That stops massive inflation in my game.

Oh really... you can make the stocks mod go either way. You can make the odds for the money to go down A LOT more then it would to go up. That wouldn't be too hard to do. All you'd have to do is do

$whatever=rand(1,100); if($whatever<10) {some code to make stocks go higher here} else
{some code to make stocks go lower}then if($stockprice<0) {stockshares==0;}.

I haven't bought nor made a stocks mod but that is the general thought I was meaning allowing stocks to go negative to automatically delete. Besides you could run it like.. once a month or once every 3 months (quarterly) if you really wanted. You would just have to make the amounts correspond to reflect a stock change. And honestly 1,000,000 for a vault? I mean come on I could get one made a HECK of a lot cheaper then that in real life. Obviously you could add a money market account that limits times you go to the bank and also gives random interest.

If they loose more then 50% of the time it would be labeled as high risk. So you could make it be able to boom from the value of the stock to 80% of the stock (or a set value range). Or make it loose $500 whenever it looses, just make sure stock prices never go above $500 ;). Theres ways to make stocks not create mass inflation as I'm pointing out. be something like (following my formula)

if($whatever<10) {$increasevalue=rand(1,500); then running the update if($stockvalue>500) {$stockvalue==500;}}
else if ($whatever>10) {loss=rand(100,500) run the stock update if($stockvalue<=0) {$stocksold==0;}}

Apparently you just don't want to deal with working the math out to set it so it is highly unlikely they make large amounts of money from this. If they didn't have a vault they could loose their money overnight ;) I'm not singling you out its just theres ways you can code it so it sets up so they almost always won't make money from it.