MakeWebGames

Help needed straightening out my game.

Wolf

A few weeks back I was pm'd by a guy I had talked to a few times on msn about making me a game.. I asked him if he was selling the code as well and he said everything was included in the price.. I agreed and he bgan making me a mess. I ended up pulling eveything off the site and re doing everything with the files he sent me.. I then started searching around to find mods and found this site. I recognized the name that was on all my files and started to look into it more and now find out the cash I paid him is for nothing.Everything is a ripoff.

So this morning I did the first thing of sending $75 in for version 1.1 source but need someone that can help me ge tthe rest straightened out. I will pay anyone that has the time to do coding on the game now and in the future $ now or a percentage of the income if they want to stick around.

just outta curiousity, who was the guy???

when i first started about 2 and a half months ago, i had a jackass sell me the free version too. I didn't know it was free, thought he was selling me real code that he worked on. After paying him and getting the files, i saw the website and gnl thingy at the top of all the free files, so i came here, and voila, here i am today

his name was dethdeks...

Wolf told me (as wolf is at work so I'll tell you) that it was Young Buck, whom, I might add, sold him 1.1 codes, so it was even more illegal lol, however, of course it doesn't stop there, he sold SpellByte/My mods as well, possibly other peoples... so hopefully YB get's his just desserts

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Help needed straightening out my game.

I can say that Vorlen did excellent work helping me out and did very professional work at a very reasonable cost. I have gotten help from other sources as well, all of whom did excellent work (Great job DarkWolf!). Now that I have learned how to maintain and edit code myself I do most of my work independently, but Vorlen and DarkWolf were both great getting me started out.

If you need stuff coded, contact me. I do lots of things for lots of people all the time. Very rarely do I ever not get a mod or small addition working. I can code basically anything you wish, done right. I've coded numerous mods, including a very good armory mod(for sale I might add).

I can do almost anything you want and I won't charge and arm n a leg.

PM me or add me on msn:

[email protected]

Sorry to hear you got scammed wolf.

To hire a coder, ask examples of their previous work etc not everyone is honest and I don't want to see someone get scammed twice

Also note that a coder does not need cpanel access. Most that asks cpanel access are most likely thieves.

If they claim to need sql access, you can always make a seperate user/pw for a sql db, a coder would know how to update the sql db through a script instead of phpmyadmin.

If they claim to need ftp access, you can always make a seperate ftp user/pw for the portion of the site allowed.

Take backups every day from your site and download them to your pc, just incase a coder screws up. (coders are lazy and hate to make a copy of a file, normally they overwrite the original file(s) )

The most expensive isn't allways the best, you can get quality work from someone who asks a lot less. So back to the top , ask examples of their work and if you can contact their clients.

md

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wolf told me (as wolf is at work so I'll tell you) that it was Young Buck, whom, I might add, sold him 1.1 codes, so it was even more illegal lol, however, of course it doesn't stop there, he sold SpellByte/My mods as well, possibly other peoples... so hopefully YB get's his just desserts

YoungBuck has been scamming widely for a long time now anyone who would like his msn for various hate reasons etc. feel free to pm me and i will send it to you.