MakeWebGames

Potential

Aqua

Ok people , some people say the engine is rubish some say its unique.

Well i think thiss engine is a great way to make a great game and make some money , the game would be unique and special.

What makes a good game:

Continues Chalanges- A good game designer gives his players continuous challenges, each of which leads to another challenge, to keep them "hooked" on playing a game. This can be done by setting clear, short-term goals appropriate to the level of the player and the context within the game.

Orginality - Any new game must be original. It has to possess elements that have never—or at least not in this particular combination—been part of a game before , MC codes are very popular , but now the clients and players are not satisfied with new MC coded games , since most of them are now just quick money making schemes.

Learning and mastering a game - Surely it is an advantage for a game to start quickly and be easy to learn, and the clearer and simpler the rules, the better. Not all games suffer from having complex rules. In general, the more opportunities players have to influence the course of a game, the more readily the players will tolerate a complex set of rules. TC was my first game , and it took me quite some time to learn the basics of the game aswell as learn the rules. Kiddy Kartel Engine seems quite easy to master, Both for players , and for the owners ( develop purposes ). Short, simple games must have short, simple rules. Complex games, on the other hand, may have more complex rules.

There is clearly potential for the engine in the web industry , cant wait till someone makes a fully functional cool game with this engine. And i could gaurantee the people that will make this game latest as possible will be successfull and then many will decide to 'copy-cat' these games and then they wont be original , so listen people , if you are waiting to make your own game , Kiddy Kartel is one of the best choices. Now or Never !

~Sarunas

Re: Potential

lol do u know how 2 fix

Warning: main(DB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/kiddycartel.awardspace.com/CLockTableCmd.php on line 3

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/share/pear') in /home/www/kiddycartel.awardspace.com/CLockTableCmd.php on line 3

To solve the problem , i would just get rid of db.php...

Either way you'll end up with this message next

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'db' in /home/samuraio/public_html/KDD/CLockTableCmd.php on line 16

I am not a great coder ...

For the better coders out there this will be a great chalenge , and this will prove if they really are the 'great coders' they claim to be.

Many people here brag about their mods etc , that are stolen or just modified , and most people tha claim they are profesional coders , cant do anything at all...

This engine is suitible to those who have experience and skill in programing... But as i said there is alot of space in the web industry for this , the people that can code and are good at it , now have the chance to prove it. If coders here succeed and achieve their goal of making this game it will be a hit im sure , but there is ALOT of chalenges you will have to face , its pretty much a game/puzzle itself :wink:

~Sarunas

• 2 weeks later...

First, I'd like to say that we're glad to see people using the engine. We are always happy to see people using it (its a project we were asked to do over a short period of time, and we didn't have the opportunity to do everything with the engine we would have liked. Its an example to give you a START to one of these projects...)

Second, I see a LOT of questions about DB.php. That's related to the PEAR library. You need PEAR installed on your server in order to use the engine. You can either do this locally, or do it for the whole server (I would strongly suggest for your whole server, as PEAR is a fairly useful library on the whole).

So... I'm impressed that you all found the engine... and very happy to see you using it... and wish you all the best in your web game RPGS (and look forward to playing them all).

• 3 months later...

MAtt, LostOne, did you ever get KK to work?

I'm having the same problems. The disc with book had no DB.php file on it.

When I try to run program it says it cannot find DB.php.

OK, found a link on these forums to a zip file of KK and that one included DB.php.

OK, I added DB.php to folder. Ran program and now it wants PEAR.php ( being called from DB.php !)

which I presume calls PEAR fuctions for use by DB.php.

And yes I have PEAR installed.

Does anyone actually have the game running on a Linux server? If so then I assume you have ALL of the files. Can someone post the PEAR.php file.

Thanks

• 6 months later...