MakeWebGames

Kiddy Cartel

mdshare

Basic game engine created by www.dragonflygamedesign.com

This is a very Basic multiplayer game engine to start building your own game.

Game concept:

Get as many resources and as much money as possible. To do this you have to build lemonde stands, bake cookies, mow lawns, spy an take over oncurents.

Engine can be downloaded here

Requirements: PHP & mySQL

Re: Kiddy Cartel

ok...

so the prob was simple. Something called pear (look it up on google) is needed for this game. On lostone's server it was installed... on my server it's not. So I downloaded it and threw it up. Vinyl gets all the credit (give him the +karma :P)

For people without pear installed on their server...

http://www.seanybob.net/aaaaa/kiddy/kiddykartel.zip

upload that to your server to get the game running. (make sure to set up the db too)

anyone wanna make an installer for this? should be simple.

ok...

so the prob was simple. Something called pear (look it up on google) is needed for this game. On lostone's server it was installed... on my server it's not. So I downloaded it and threw it up. Vinyl gets all the credit (give him the +karma :P)

upload that to your server to get the game running. (make sure to set up the db too)

I'll set up an installer tomorrow if I can. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got the word from DragonFly Game studios that if someone is serious in building a game that they could get some support.

Thier words: if someone gets serious, we may be able to provide a little casual support

So I don't want to purge anyone to make something with this engine, but getting some support from a REAL Game Developers Company is very nice even if it's a little bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, I can not seem to get all of the files to Kiddy Cartel. The CD with the book did not have DB.php or PEAR.php on it. I got DB.php from a link on this forum to seanybob.net but that zip file does not have PEAR.php in it.

I do not know let what other files may be missing as I did not even know I was missing PEAR.php until I found that DB.php included it.

Can anyone help me get all of the files?

If I am missing something obvious, please forgive me for being DUH!

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply.

I know that PEAR is a PHP mod that is installed on most severs. It is installed on mine. This I verified by running the basic phpinfo.php file. Also, I went to shell and typed in PEAR and verified that it was installed.

But, I'm thinking that the include in DB.php : require_once 'PEAR.php';

is reffering to an actual php file (PEAR.php) which by the looks of things should contain classes that ultilizes the PEAR functions to connect to the database.

Does anyone actually have KiddyKartel up and running on a linux server who can look and see if the file PEAR.php exists in their KiddyKartel directory?

Thanks,

• 10 months later...

does anyone else have this filefrom seanybob? It is no longer on his site or at least i cannot find it.

ok...

• 4 weeks later...