MakeWebGames

Auto Ban Idea

Mcfarlin

Looking for thoughts on an idea.

I most pages that are not to be accessed while in hospital or jail ect. . . or if they try navigating in the browser to go somewhere they are not supposed to be.

MCCODES has already built in a message that tells the user "you cannot do such and such while in jail"

what if any would be the issue i may be missing if you add to the Db `Naverror` (navigation error) and each time they go to one of these pages when they are not supposed to it goes up by one.

say we add a little to those messages and tell them that this action is being tracked, continue down this road and you will be banned.

$db->query("UPDATE `users` SET `Naverror` = `Naverror` +1 ");

And in your cron files you add

$db->query(UPDATE `users` SET `fedjail` = `fedjail` + (a number you decide) ")

just a thought. Looking for input.

• Like 1

Looking for thoughts on an idea.

I most pages that are not to be accessed while in hospital or jail ect. . . or if they try navigating in the browser to go somewhere they are not supposed to be.

MCCODES has already built in a message that tells the user "you cannot do such and such while in jail"

what if any would be the issue i may be missing if you add to the Db `Naverror` (navigation error) and each time they go to one of these pages when they are not supposed to it goes up by one.

say we add a little to those messages and tell them that this action is being tracked, continue down this road and you will be banned.

$db->query("UPDATE `users` SET `Naverror` = `Naverror` +1 ");

And in your cron files you add

$db->query(UPDATE `users` SET `fedjail` = `fedjail` + (a number you decide) ")

just a thought. Looking for input.

No!. I think this would be silly especially if the person didn't intend to access the page on purpose. The error "you cannot do such and such while in jail" is in place for a purpose, in reality the user shouldn't and wouldn't be able to access the page and if they happen to navigate to the "forbidden page" boooom the power of php comes in and simply checks if the user has the correct privilege to access the page e.g if the users in jail then don't allow access and so on... But don't feel negative about my response :) it's good to share ideas and such i'll give you a like.

• Like 1

I wouldn't do this for everything, Jail and hospital users just got a message, however I did do it for things like staff files. Recording the page they came from helps find links that shouldn't exist. The only other reasons for non-staff members to try to get into a staff files aren't going to be good.

• Like 1

I wouldn't do this for everything, Jail and hospital users just got a message, however I did do it for things like staff files. Recording the page they came from helps find links that shouldn't exist. The only other reasons for non-staff members to try to get into a staff files aren't going to be good.

Yeh i do this aswell, I've a staff log system which logs everything staff members do not only in the staff panel but in game aswell, just so i can track you know