MakeWebGames

Error with fresh install

boionfire81

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in mysql.php on line 2

Your php version is to much up to date to run the old mccodes as the newer version which was released sometime ago not exactly sure but it wont work on that php version if you own the server that is hosting it you could always downgrade to lower php version or get the code updated it.

Edit: oh forgot you could also just try another host i believe php version 5.5.27 and below should be ok running old mysql

You should when installing pick mysqli

Can't, it's lite.

But yes, you will have to change to mysqli/pdo for future versions of PHP at some point in time. What you can do is fix some of your error reporting so it doesn't display all of your errors:

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED);

But this disables all deprecated errors which isn't the best idea either. The best idea is what all has been mentioned above.

I did speak to you earlier this morning and I know you are trying to get back into programming a bit and when I mentioned the V1 (lite) mccodes, I failed to mention to you that these errors can show up and that is my bad and I am sorry. But thankfully, if you took my suggestions and installed the software I said, you should be able to roll back your PHP to previous versions. For you, preferably PHP < 5.5.0. In 5.4.* you will still see some deprecated error with ereg* but those are pretty easy to fix using preg*.

With th all that said, that should give you a taste of programming again and help you get back in the groove of things.