MakeWebGames

[mccode] adding a crime panel in admin panel

seanybob

thanks to everyone who contributed to this, including Dougk and tranz_fusion

*note-this requires that the mod for adding items to crimes is up and running, it can be found here

http://www.criminalexistence.com/viewtopic.php?t=1392

first open up global_func.php

find

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

after that add

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

now open up admin.php

find

after it add

find

after it add

find

after that add

adding a crime panel in admin panel

hmm when you go into edit crime nothing is displayed in CrimeITEXT but apart from that its great means I can add new crimes at school now as my cpanel is blocked

You need to make a small change to the edit crime form func to make it work. I also changed the success and failure text textboxes into textareas, as you can see.

is there any way that this mod can have this added.

for the crime group could it have a dropdown box that reads from the db and displays the current crime groups that are currently in there?

im not sure how it would go or even how hard it would be to do it

do this...

Tested / Working.

OK, I just tested out this mod. It seems that SQL/PHP does not like it when a quote shows up in one of the text boxes (in my case, text areas). Is there any way to make it so this works no matter what goes in the text boxes? Or is this just something I will have to train the admins on when editing a crime?