MakeWebGames

Gym Suggestions

cmd

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that a lot of you are very creative and have unique ideas, i was just wondering since i'm implementing my own gym does anyone have any suggestions for the gym itself? To make it more specific, im looking for ideas that is just more than your standard RPG gyms, perhaps unlock new gyms at different levels or something? Can anyone else give any suggestions that makes the gym much more entertaining and exciting?

I'm kind of bad when it comes to generating my own ideas but I hope you can help!

Well you have one already.

Multiple gyms. Have it that they unlock new gyms at certain levels which gives better gains to stats, or maybe let them train more times for the same amount of energy etc.

How about making them pay a gym membership, heck God knows we all do. Mostly.

How about allowing players their own personal, upgradable gym?

They buy the basic gym setup which gives them the same gains as the normal gym, but then let them but a series of equipment for their gym that will increase the gains they get from the gym. It'll also take money out if the game which is a good thing. Have it so that they need to be a certain level to buy certain equipment. Implement it with the gym membership. If they have a gym then they don't need a gym membership. Take it further. Let them rent it out to other players for a fee. Better gym, better gains, players are gonna want to use that gym at price rather than paying for a gym that gives mediocre gains.

Take it one step further. Let gangs own a gym. Let gang members donate money to their gang which can be used to upgrade the gym. Then only gang members can use it, free of charge.

Needs to be more interesting you say?

Let warring gangs sabotage each other's gyms. Give them an option, destroy equipment or sabotage equipment. If they destroy it then it the gains from the gym decrease, if they sabotage it, high chance the gym will kill members that use it. If it does kill a member, the saboteur earns respect for their gang. Make it an organised crime or something so that it isn't really easy to destroy/sabotage gyms.

Damn I'm good.

I like your ideas and all but I don't think the gym should really change. The gym is one of those things that I think should stay the same because then it starts to turn into capitalism. The more you have the more you get, so what about the other 99%'ers. For people that aren't familiar with that term it's the people at/below the middle income level. The 1%'ers are the extremely wealthy.

I have noticed in most games there are 2 types of people, and both types of people love to cause inflation. They like to inflate stats (gym) and currency (crimes). They just sit there and boost and don't play the game the way it's supposed to.

Well you have one already.

Multiple gyms. Have it that they unlock new gyms at certain levels which gives better gains to stats, or maybe let them train more times for the same amount of energy etc.

How about making them pay a gym membership, heck God knows we all do. Mostly.

How about allowing players their own personal, upgradable gym?

They buy the basic gym setup which gives them the same gains as the normal gym, but then let them but a series of equipment for their gym that will increase the gains they get from the gym. It'll also take money out if the game which is a good thing. Have it so that they need to be a certain level to buy certain equipment. Implement it with the gym membership. If they have a gym then they don't need a gym membership. Take it further. Let them rent it out to other players for a fee. Better gym, better gains, players are gonna want to use that gym at price rather than paying for a gym that gives mediocre gains.

Take it one step further. Let gangs own a gym. Let gang members donate money to their gang which can be used to upgrade the gym. Then only gang members can use it, free of charge.

Needs to be more interesting you say?

Let warring gangs sabotage each other's gyms. Give them an option, destroy equipment or sabotage equipment. If they destroy it then it the gains from the gym decrease, if they sabotage it, high chance the gym will kill members that use it. If it does kill a member, the saboteur earns respect for their gang. Make it an organised crime or something so that it isn't really easy to destroy/sabotage gyms.

Damn I'm good.

Damn, you are good!! All of your ideas are very good and thank you for taking your time to give me some wild ideas:) I think personal gyms would be perfect but if you also had gang gyms do you not think it would make the game far too crazy like their'd be too many gyms i guess?

Right now, I have:

Different gym levels

Personal gyms

Is their any suggestions on how gangs can influence the gym gains?

I like your ideas and all but I don't think the gym should really change. The gym is one of those things that I think should stay the same because then it starts to turn into capitalism. The more you have the more you get, so what about the other 99%'ers. For people that aren't familiar with that term it's the people at/below the middle income level. The 1%'ers are the extremely wealthy.

I have noticed in most games there are 2 types of people, and both types of people love to cause inflation. They like to inflate stats (gym) and currency (crimes). They just sit there and boost and don't play the game the way it's supposed to.

You have got a point, but do you not think if you get the game right at first then surely their wouldn't be a huge spike between the 2 types of users.. for example 99% of people will have £10,000 max and then the 1% would be in the millions? Surely, just by implementing additional gym features it couldn't cause such thing?

Let's face it, going to a gym isn't going to matter if you've gut a gun pointed at your face. How about removing the gym completely, let users learn different skills i.e martial arts that will actually help them in a close quarters battle with another user. Let the items that the user equips effect stats. Body armour reduces damage, Special items that gives a % bonus for a specific time.

Or you could go down the route of letting users hire/train 'units' such as henchman. The more recruits they have the more powerful they are, this can be controlled by using a 'leadership' stat or each unit requires a set amount of food per day etc etc

If you take the gym out you won't have the '1%ers' farming there stat's, it will all be down the items they have and you'll have complete control over when a user will have access to specific items.

Blah, just blabbering now. Make it unique.

[MENTION=71474]cmd[/MENTION]:

Of course, it all depends on your setup I'm. It saying that this would be the sole cause of inflation but every little bit helps. You need to remember Newton's 3rd Law. This can apply to games. In order to give to players you must remember to take from players otherwise everything is unfair. For example:

You can make the lower level people gain less stats in the gym but can train more daily and the higher level people gain more stats but train less daily. The set back is you can get some powerhouse lower levels that just stay at their level to sandbag and and attack rich people to mug them for no XP (in the case of MCC). And also requires some sort of fancy algorithm to keep it dynamic.

Or like [MENTION=69576]LeeMason[/MENTION] says dump the gym and figure something else out. You can use an education system to train them.

Bottom line is that it just needs to be balanced