MakeWebGames

User Agent Tracking

This mod has no REAL good use, outside of just knowing what your playerbase is using in terms of OS, Browser, etc.. I suppose you could use it to see if someone's being a bad multi and whatnot, but even then, you'd have to have some more incriminating evidence other than "Shared exact User Agent". Nonetheless...

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Open globals.php

Add after: global $jobquery, $housequery;

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Now, in your house, job, and user queries, add:

Save it up! Now open your viewuser.php

Change your queries section to:

Scroll down to your staff area, paste in at the bottom of it:

Save and upload. Things should work then! :)

Screeny!

[ATTACH]2133[/ATTACH]

I suppose one COULD make this much more intuitive, like... if contains Windows 6.1, echo out that its Windows 7, or something.

1437017590_bandicam2015-07-0414-02-02-143.jpg.3f0397f2cd13af54cb2736c8f4afccc6.jpg

Lol, i dont think that is supposed to be part of the mod

I think user agent tracking might be useful if you want to see the population of your game that use mobile devices and use that to decide whether or not to build either a mobile app or mobile site, but then you could just make a poll.

Edited by Coly010

Plus I'm pretty sure there is a much more efficient way of doing this. You should check for their user agent first and if they have one then check to see if it has changed. If it changed then change it in th database and if it doesnt exist then insert it. I don't think there is a point to change it on every page load.

Another thing is is that User Agents can be changed on the fly