MakeWebGames

PHP Frameworks

jcvenom

I believe huge text based game websites like torn won't be using 3rd party php frameworks due to some security risk, unless they created their own.

and in addition, if you're planning to create your own php framework, you definitely need to learn OOP. the advantage ofcourse is that you'll be recycling these codes for your new projects and will give you a good kickstart.

Lol, you're telling me that Torn won't use a Framework like Laravel because of security issues?

Big frameworks like Laravel/CI/Zend are all tested by thousands of developers. I'd rather put my faith in code that has been put through it's paces than code that a bunch of employees made, cutting corners because they only want to be paid.

There are bigger sites that handle a lot more sensitive data than Torn and a lot of them will use a framework.

Sites like that aren't using them right now because as [uSER=65530]Coly010[/uSER] stated, they weren't established back then. And now, even if that code is still out there being used, they won't be going through a re-write to utilize a framework unless it is deemed to be absolutely necessary - cost versus benefit.

Also, as [uSER=71663]IllegalPigeon[/uSER] stated, big frameworks are tested by thousands. Why try to reinvent the wheel with your own? You are much more prone to security holes creating your own framework than utilizing an existing one.

~G7470

• Like 1